“Old but Spacious rooms but Service could be better” 4 of 5 stars

Washington Suites Alexandria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 S. Reynolds Street, Alexandria, VA 22304   |
Ranked #36 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Old but Spacious rooms but Service could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The rooms are quite old but very spacious and very neatly maintained. The kitchenette is quite well stacked with utensils!!! Since we were travelling with a 2 year old this was very useful!!! Location was good as well as the National Mall was only about 10 mins out. My only gripe is the cleaning lady who knocked on my door at 11:00 AM and asked why I wasn't checked out yet!!! That was RUDE!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is a really bargain with rooms very large (even a desk and a sofa is available without extra money) and free wifi, food good for an American hotel and cloase by the city are among the best things that has this hotel.If you has your own car there is a large parking and a shuttle bus to a shopping mall close by the hotel is available as well.The front desk is helpful although they don't smile alot.All in all this hotel is relly worth all the money that you pay.Quite area as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the third year we have chosen to stay at the WA Suites when we come from WA state to visit friends in the area. The spacious rooms, great location, and exceptional service makes it our favorite place. Vicky was extremely helpful with the reservations, Ikram and Carmen always greet us warmly as familiar friends. At breakfast, Abena welcomes us, the shuttle drivers are helpful, the Lounge was convenient, and our room was kept clean in a respectful manner, Everyone was courteous and helped make our stay enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Jersey Shore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Hotel is converted apartments which means you get wonderfully large units. We travelled with 2 adults and 7 kids, including 2 exchange students from Europe and had plenty of space/privacy in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Full kitchen was a blessing and 3 TV's even more so! Shuttle to metro is convenient but does get crowded as families head out in the morning to sightsee. Pick up at metro was simple and easy--shuttle pulls right up to the metro exit and is clearly labeled for the hotel. We had a mess-up on my order for a rollaway bed in the initial 1 bedroom unit we booked and the front desk staff while initially not helpful, was very kind once they found a record of my phone call in their notes and upgraded us to 2 bedroom unit for free for 4 days, without me even asking. They remembered my name and asked on subsequent days how we liked the unit, and if there was anything else they could do for us. That counts as excellent customer service in my book. Breakfast was perfect for families--something for everyone and the kids could take some fruit to eat later. Breakfast staff worked hard to refill baskets and clean tables during a very crowded Saturday in the summer, so no complaints at all. Unit was clean also. No dirty socks from the carpet. Kitchen cabinets are on the flimsy side but they served their purpose and who cares for a few days. The refrig is full size and we were happy to have that more than anything. Pool and pool area was clean. Lifeguard on duty actually paid attention to the kids in the pool. This hotel is extremely busy and you do see very large families all over, mostly of foreign extraction, but we had no noise problems on a summer stay Thurs through Sunday in July. In case anyone needs to know, the 2 bedroom unit had two queen beds in the master bedroom, a king in the second bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room. The master bedroom had a huge closet that was big enough to hold 2 air mattresses for a make-shift 3rd bedroom (no door or window). Living room/dining room area was big enough for some more air mattresses too without being stepped on by others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The front desk is not helpful and very RUDE!! I called the front desk to ask about food in the area that delivers. I was told Domino's and Pizza Hut. I asked any other places near by that delivers? She said I have the number to Pizza Hut do you want it!! or you can come to the front desk to get a list of restaurants in the area - in a snappy tone. I went to the desk and asked "MiMi" for the list and she continued with her snappy tone. I checked in on a Saturday evening and Mimi was there. Sunday (all day) and early Monday she was still there! NO Wonder she's nasty - She Gets No Sleep!!
Kids running through the halls, call the front desk to complain and "THEY SAY" their sending someone up to speak with the guest and NO ONE comes. Call again and front desk says, "We came but no one is in the halls" Said they would come back. Never showed! However, I looked at these kids running from on room to another til at least midnight! ugh...
I walked in the kitchen once, my shoes stuck to the floor - never went back in the rest of my stay!!

I have attached the view from my 6th floor room! - enjoy!! - I didn't!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I checked in Aug 16th after a chemo treatment in DC. Vicky had already process my reservation and selected a room with balcony so that I could sit outside and relax. IKram Hadi was on customer service manager that day. She greet me like a familar family member and checked we in swiftly. inquiring if I had any needs and welcome. I received great service from her , Vicky and Carmen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

the lady from the front desk was very rude. i simply asked for assistance regarding cancelling my reservation because:
the room was disgusting
the carpets were dirty
there were a lot of sick people in wheelchairs
obviously the families of the sick people are living at the hotel
there was this strong hospital smell

she refused to give me her name just for reference since there was no manager around and instead gave me a male name. how rude can she get? definitely not booking with them again. i hope you too won't..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Washington Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!