“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great all suite hotel. Very surprised by the large size of the rooms for this area. Great location and easy access to the Metro station. It was a very nice touch to have a shuttle that takes you too and picks you up from the Metro. Also enjoyed the outdoor patio, we got a bottle of wine from the Market at the front desk and sat outside, would be nice if the hotel offered disposable wine glasses. Thanks for a great stay and I'm looking forward to a repeat visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SHSAlexandriaSW, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We pride ourselves on our personalized service, and we are delighted that you were able to experience this first hand. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our leaders and staff.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I met a friend here for a quick overnight. I wanted to show her around the area and be somewhat close to the sites.

The room is the newer configuration of the Spring Hill Suites. The bathrooms remind me of cruise ships with the split bath, it is nice when we were getting ready for bed and each had a sink to use.

I appreciate the free parking, free wifi and free breakfast. The parking was covered or open, which I appreciated. There was a shuttle to the nearest metro station, we did not use but I felt this was a nice touch.

Alexandria can be a tricky part of town with safety etc. As two young women, I felt very safe in this area and would recommend this hotel to anyone including those with small children. The entry way is pretty but if you have large suitcases, a stroller, wheelchair, etc you will want to take the elevator.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you experience this first hand and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel soon!
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here 6 nights. One of the nicest chain hotels I have stayed at in several years. Rooms were spacious but not too big. Breakfast was one of the best "free" ones I have seen in a long time. Many extras not normally found in the free breakfast hotels. Only additional thing it needed was a make-your-own waffle iron. Very friendly and helpful staff. Prompt, on-demand shuttle service to the Metro (about 1.1 miles) and nearby restaurants, etc. For those driving, right on the beltway, yet excellent sound proofing made my room (which faced the highway) very quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Spent a week here recently. The rooms are decently sized with modern styling. Unfortunately modern doesn't always translate to quality as many of the details indicate this is a budget hotel. For examples, the shower door didn't shut properly leaving the bathroom floor wet every day, lights don't always turn on/off, lots of noise from the hallway and the sofa bed mattress is horrible. The positives would be the free daily breakfast, room floor plan and location.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our property.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has treated me very nicely in the past when visiting the Dc area....close to metro station with a shuttle service..nice room and esp the complimentary breakfast. There is also olde towne for shopping and dining out with a movie theatre. Great area to connect to surrounding Dc. My issue is with their customer service, after using their shuttle for the metro I was delayed due to metro service. Their only solution when I called the front desk from the metro was"I will give you a number to a taxi company." No other options, this probably wont keep me from future stays but I didn't care for the lack of assistance.

• Stayed November 2013
SHSAlexandriaSW, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Savage, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the moment you walk in. The open space and spiral staircase to front desk is so appealing. Of course you can take the elevator up but the entrance is so clean and neat. I love the rooms. Large, standard, simple and Super Clean. The staff are All so friendly and helpful. There are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops around along with a movies theaters. The breakfast area is clean and has a large selection of both hot and cold dishes. I will have this my hotel of choice when I revisit this location.

Room Tip: I had a very comfortable sleep in one of the King rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and gracious review. We are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved the hotel. I like the Springhill Suites for family travel because the rooms are spacious and the breakfast is usually pretty good. This place is no different. It is clean, modern and in an excellent location. If you are traveling to the DC area, this is a great option. There were lots of rowdy kids during my stay, but this is not the management's fault. The place was a bit difficult to reach because of some road changes that were not on my GPS. Be aware of this if you are using a GPS. The reason this hotel lost 1 point for me was because the parking lot was too small. I had some difficulty finding a space.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our hotel staff strives to provide unparalleled services and memorable experiences to all our guests. I apologize that your stay was anything less than flawless. Thank you for bringing these details to our attention. It allows us to improve and I have shared your feedback with our leadership.

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest? Share your experiences!