This is a fairly brand new building. Everything was clean and updated.
The room accomodations far exceeded the price that we had paid:
- Bed: new and comfortable
- Bathroom: there's a separate toilet room with its own wash area so one can take care of his business while his partner is washing up in the other bathroom
- Living area: sectioned off from the 'bedroom' so one can work or even watch TV while the other sleeps
Now for the reason why this place lacks the '5-star' rating - breakfast:
- It is not exactly as the Marketing brochure suggests
- The eggs were in some kind of chunks, cubes, as if mass produced several weeks ago at some industrial factory
- Waffles are not available
- Coffee could be stronger, much stronger
- I've had much better breakfast at Holiday Inn
That being said, however, I would most definitely recommend staying at this hotel, especially if you could book it at $99.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest located off I-95 and just minutes from our Nation's Capital. Enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle service, providing quick and easy access to the Eisenhower Metro Rail Station, part of the yellow line. Our hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel Alexandria