We had a very enjoyable 3-night stay at the SpringHill Suites near the Old Town - the room was a decent size, beds were comfortable, liked the partially-split room arrangement with the desk area and the separate toilet/shower areas were terrific for the four of us to split up to get ready in the mornings.
Breakfast was of a good variety and we always had more than enough to eat. No, it's not gourmet, but it's certainly more decent than your average two-star 'continental' breakfast that you'd find at most Days Inns, Comfort Inns, etc. My only wish would be to have a little more variety from day to day such as scrambled eggs one day, something different (i.e. French toast) the next day. Not much to complain about, really.
For what I paid for our room, we got far more than what we expected. The biggest issue was that the hotel wasn't easy to find at first - the SpringHill Suites sign is at the back, only visible from the road if you were coming from the west on Eisenhower, but if you were coming from the east, it would have been easy to miss it and keep going on the road. I would strongly suggest for the hotel to get a more visible sign by the road or at least slap the "SpringHill Suites" logo at the top of the building facing Eisenhower instead of only facing the highway. If you don't have a GPS, do be sure to get complete directions from the hotel at first because going from the Old Town to the hotel can be confusing if you're going from Duke St. to Eisenhower as there's a bunch of turns (including a very abrupt turn right off the thruway that you won't see until the very last moment at a pretty high rate of speed).
Definitely a hotel worth staying at and I will definitely stay there again now that I am completely familiar with how to get around the area.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel Alexandria
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest located off I-95 and just minutes from our Nation's Capital. Enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle service, providing quick and easy access to the Eisenhower Metro Rail Station, part of the yellow line. Our hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.