The hotel itself is pretty nice, it is close to the metro station (about 10-15 minutes walk, we did not use the shuttle bus). The rooms are quite large, the beds are comfortable. The shower and the toilet are in two separate rooms, which is fine, but why are there no locks on either is beyond me. I have stayed in the room with my family members, but it is still quite unpleasant when someone opens the door suddenly when you are in a shower or on the toilet. The pull-out sofa was somewhat uncomfortable for two, but was fine for one person. We asked for extra towels and got them without any issues. The room was clean, although the staff could do a better job and look behind the sliding doors in the toiled, and sweep or vacuum there.
The staff on reception was OK. The lady who checked us in was very, very nice - I wish I asked for her name so I could thank her here, but the rest of the staff was simply ok.
Now to the controversial breakfast. The breakfast itself was good - fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs, on our first day we even had sliced cheese and cold cuts, but as it is a big hotel, they kept running out of things. I personally drank the last cup of green tea, and had to bring my own to breakfast the next day. One of the ladies who work in breakfast area was very quick, and tried to keep up, but she can't with two others barely moving. We did come to breakfast all three mornings we stayed in the hotel, and always got what we wanted, but sometimes had to wait for the staff to replenish the containers with food. There were no fresh fruit on the third morning, we were kinda disappointed.
Another drawback was the air conditioning at the hotel. Did they set it to sub-zero in common areas? It was very, very cold in the breakfast area and in the corridors. If they turn the AC up a couple of degrees, we may not have to worry about global warming anymore.
So if the hotel installs locks on bathroom doors and fixes the breakfast supply problem it would get five stars!
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel Alexandria
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest located off I-95 and just minutes from our Nation's Capital. Enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle service, providing quick and easy access to the Eisenhower Metro Rail Station, part of the yellow line. Our hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.