This hotel worked perfectly for us. The shuttle to the Metro Station was always available when we needed it, even though it was a busy time. Breakfast was great, though sometimes understocked. The room size (King Suite) worked well for my husband, son, & myself. I can understand how the non-locking doors in the toliet & shower rooms would be problematic for families with older kids or friends traveling together, but it didn't present a problem for us. The free parking was wonderful and the front desk staff was courteous (though a little harried - again, we stayed during a very busy time). Our room was on the train side of the building, but the noise didn't bother us. (Full disclosure: we live near tracks at home so we're used to train noise.) We were more bothered by the noise of other guests' doors slamming late into the night and early in the morning. For some reason, the room doors were really heavy and quick to slam. We would definitely stay here again - the only major drawback was that there was no pool. But there's so much to do in the DC area, we didn't really miss it.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel Alexandria
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest located off I-95 and just minutes from our Nation's Capital. Enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle service, providing quick and easy access to the Eisenhower Metro Rail Station, part of the yellow line. Our hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Agoda so you can book your SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.