I stayed here with my 4 children (ages 3 through 11) for 3 nights while we were in town to visit family. The convenience of suite-type accommodations was very helpful. As others have mentioned, the layout of the room was different than some other suite hotels, in that the space is not fully divided - and we had a handicapped accessible room so there was no divider at all. If you have kids who won't settle down or go to sleep unless they are in a separate room then this won't work out for you (even in a room with the divider) However, for our family it was just fine. The fridge and microwave area was convenient for quick meals. For me, cleanliness is probably the most important attribute of any hotel room and I can tell you this place definitely was great in that respect. In addition to the room itself (and bathrooms) being clean, I also checked under the sheets of both beds and carefully checked the sofabed mattress. No problems. As for the amount of space in the room it was fine for our group. The bathrooms, as others have noted, are 2 areas - one for showering and the other with a toilet. This was a good setup for our group. I thought the bed was comfortable. My 11 year old slept on the pull-out sofa - and found it to be comfortable as well. The only problem during our stay was that I had requested a feather-free room, since I am very allergic to down. I am glad I checked the pillows to make sure, because it turns out they had only replaced 1/2 the pillows on each bed. It could have been a serious situation if I had ended up sleeping on those pillows. The person working at the front desk was really apologetic and took care of it right away. The breakfast was good, a lot of variety including hot and cold foods - my kids loved it and you can't beat the value of an included breakfast for a group of our size. The service at breakfast was a little inconsistent. Two mornings there were people right on top of everything, replenishing the foods, etc. On Sunday morning I think there were different people working and they had a more difficult time keeping up. (I also had to laugh that morning because there had been salt and pepper the previous 2 mornings but I didn't see it on Sunday, so I asked the woman working there if there was a salt shaker and she pointed to a carton of salt on the counter - the kind with a pour spout. Guess they couldn't find the shaker. Totally not a big deal, just made me chuckle. Salt isn't good for me anyway, right?). The location of this place seemed a little out of the way if you wanted to walk to things. We were visiting family and knew we would have to drive no matter where we stayed so it was not a problem for us so I would read other reviews if you don't want to drive. Parking here was convenient. Overall we were pleased with this hotel and would stay here again. I think it is a rare find to have nice accomodations for a family of our size for this price - with breakfast too.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel
- Springhill Suites Alexandria Tech Hotel Alexandria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visit SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town/Southwest located off I-95 and just minutes from our Nation's Capital. Enjoy our hotel's complimentary shuttle service, providing quick and easy access to the Eisenhower Metro Rail Station, part of the yellow line. Our hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Alexandria Old Town Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.