“Great Cupcake Themed Knick Knacks!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #341 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Bakery
Racine
“Great Cupcake Themed Knick Knacks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My friend bought cake pops from this place and her family loved them! I loved the decor as my daughter love cupcake themes. It was cute and had a great variety of cupcakes and cupcake themes knick knacks you can buy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best cupcakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had one of the best cupcakes from this bakery. It was an almond cupcake with chocolate ganache and coconut cream icing. It was better than an actual almond joy! They had a big selection of cupcakes to pick from that were unique flavors. The other person with me bought the pomengrante cupcake with orange buttercream icing and said it was amazing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Seriously...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I visited Occasionally Cakes this past weekend during a thunderstorm. There were four of us so we ordered 4 cupcakes to take back to our hotel. After paying for our cupcakes the employee handed me a cardboard box. I asked if we could have a plastic bag to put the box in and also explained that we had to walk a few blocks and wait outside for our hotel shuttle. The employee said since we only ordered 4 cupcakes we would have to pay an additional fee for a plastic bag. I have never been asked to pay for a bag before, and I consider that to be extremely poor customer service considering the fact that there was a torrential down pour, and our order had already been paid for.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gluten Free (and regular) cupcake available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This cupcakery is in the heart of old town Alexandria. My husband and I enjoyed their gluten free vanilla cupcakes. One of the better GF cupcakes out there. Our friend had one of their regular cupcakes and thoroughly enjoyed it. The icing is pretty sweet for me, but the cake was soft and fluffy (a rarity in the GF world).

The person at the counter assured us that they segregate their GF cakes from the glutinous ones. They also use separate utensils the whole way through. My husband had no issues!

I recommend stoop here and try them out for yourself.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northern Virginia
“better cupcakes in town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I went on a mini cupcake tour in Alexandria with my five year-old son. The shop I am reviewing is right on king, in the heart of touristdom. The three we tried were chocolate creme brulee, pomgranate and red velvet. As another reviewer just mentioned, the icing is toooo sweet. Think grocercy store cake. Yuck! The only one that was not dry as a bone was the pomegranate one but it tasted artificial. I can make better cupcakes at home. My advice, skip and walk up to Lavendar Moon or Alexandria Cupcake.