“true Napoletana PIZZA” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 641 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Description: RedRocks is located in the upper King Street area of Old Town, at 904 King Street. The 2,500 square foot space is an open floor plan with an open kitchen, spacious high-back booths, marble table tops, high ceilings and a mezzanine section for great private events.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“true Napoletana PIZZA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent Pizza with a lot of choices for great toppings.
They also have several specialty beers available.
We had a pesto calzone and a margherita Pizza and it was so much food we took leftovers home. They also have wonderful appetizers.
The service was outstanding.

Visited June 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“The best pizza in Old Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Go for Happy Hour. The prices cannot be better and the staff is fabulous. Order the Happy Hour specials, and add your favorite toppings to the $6 pizza. You will be amazed!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pizza awesome, stomach happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

"As good or better than Anthony's Coal Fired" happy smiles on all family faces. Great waitress, Rays game a plus.

Bristow, Virginia
“Good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My two daughters and I were looking for a quick lunch as we strolled King Street. Our host was quick to seat us, and our server, Miss Tracy, was wonderful and attentive. The pizza was the perfect size for us to share, and was one of the best pizzas we've had since moving to the area. The crust was thin and crispy on the bottom - no soggy bottom here! - and had a tender, chewiness to the outer edge that can be dry and too thick if the dough isn't right.
We left the restaurant satisfied and more than a little bit happy. We will be back!

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The best pizza in D.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Let's start from the beginning: I am Italian! I live in D.C. because of work and i will be returning in Italy soon.
I have heard about a lot of places where you can eat nice italian pizza. And just out of curiosity I have tried a couple. Then I created my own ranking making a comparison between the pizza I eat here and the wonderful pizza i have eaten in my town (Naples, Sicily and Rome).
I just want to say that Red Rocks pizza is the best Italian-like pizza I could find in D.C. area, they absolutely deserve the first place in my personal ranking (at the second place there is Trader Joe's pizza!!! and after there are the others...I don't want to mention them because it's not fair).
The pizza in Red Rocks is very good, it is rightly thin with slightly burned crust due to the cooking in the oven fed by wood, like in a true italian pizzeria.... well, of course the oven is not hand made with the right bricks, it is pre-made and bought "ready-to-cook", but at least the pizza can find a "friendly" environment to be enriched with the typical taste.
The personnel is very friendly, they welcome you with a huge smile and help you with your choices.
The pizzas are a little overpriced, they go from 10 dollars to 13... it's better to have the basic ones for not more than 6 and the elaborated ones for 16....people could have more choices and could come more often because of the affordable prices.
As last, better to book your table, it's just a phone call. I tried on friday evening, called at 5.30pm to reserve the table at 7.30pm...and i did it!!
Ciao