“Sushi and More!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: 703-347-7865
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Sushi and More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The food was excellent! The sushi was fresh! The employees were nice! And the price was right! If you are in Kingstowne, you must eat at East Moon Asian Bistro!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Alexandria
“Some of the best sushi in Alexandria, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

When we're in the mood for sushi, we head to East Moon. The rolls are reasonably priced (my wife prefers the Never Try Never roll). It has kiwi and lobster (among other things) and really tastes wonderful. My personal preference is the spicy crab salad. This is something that once you have it, it will be a sure thing you crave until your next visit. The ambiance is very modern and welcoming. It's a nice hidden treasure in Alexandria.

• Visited September 2012
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I were down in Virginia visiting my brother and his family. We had a few hours before they got off work and decided to grab dinner. WE headed over to the area and decided to roll the dice on East Moon. We were seated right away. The servers were a bit hard to understand but very friendly. We started with spring rolls and fried dumplings which were very good. For entrees my wife ordered the General Tso's with white rice and I ordered the Crispy Duck with fried rice. I appreciated the face that our server told me the duck was with the bones and explained it so i would be sure. Hearing this I was properly prepared for what I ordered and was good with it. The presentation on the meals was great. The rice is formed into the shape of a heart. They accidently brought me white rice but swapped it quickly. My duck did have enough bones that I would not reccomend it for a child. It was cooked perfectly and the dipping sauce with it was fantastic. The fried rice was incredible. I tasted my wife's General Tso's and it was perfectly crispy, the sauce was great, and the chicken was lean and fresh. The prices were honestly cheap for the quality of the food. I am looking forward to coming back. Unrelated to the food a little girl (guessing 5-6) who I believe was the owners daughter just walked up to my wife on the way out and wanted to play with her, showing of her light up sticks. My wife is a sucker for kids and this made her day, just had to add that part. :-)

• Visited March 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great place for a meal before the movies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

What a great way to start your night out or end it! I have eaten here before and after the movies and the food and atmosphere is the same and it is fantastic. The service is ok but I can overlook it because of the location and the taste of the food. I found when I engaged the wait staff more, the service was better.

Ottawa, Canada
“A hidden gem - EXCELLENT food at EXCELLENT prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My sister took us to this restaurant on our brief visit through Alexandria on our way home. She lives within walking distance of this shopping plaza and has eaten here a few time herself.

We were amazed at the quality of the dishes; the BEAUTIFUL presentation and mostly the very good prices!

We had the lettuce roll chicken as an appetizer (excellent!) and each had different dishes as our entrees, including a peanut curry and a beef dish. Both were so tasty and well presented with beautiful orchid garnish and carved oranges. Something you rarely see in an Asian restaurant these days. Other places on the plaza were busy, but I believe we made the best choice with East Moon.

We will be sure to go back to East Moon on our next visit to KingsTowne. Do yourself a favour and eat at this place...you'll be glad you did!

If you found this review helpful, please click the link below! Thank you!

• Visited September 2011