“Twice in a week - after a 30 year absence” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #310 of 597 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Palm Bay, Florida
“Twice in a week - after a 30 year absence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

As a kid, my family used to visit this restaurant once or twice a month. My parents friends lived nearby, so this was the social highlight of the month. 30 years later, my wife and I decided to try this out while we were visiting family in nearby Springfield. Wow. What a surprise. Everything was great. Friendly service. Excellent food! For a restaurant that has been in the same little strip center since the 1970's, you would expect it to look beat up and dirty. This place was spotless. After a great meal last Wednesday night, we decided to stop back by on Friday. Same great food and service both times. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We called in an order for pick-up. Went and picked up the order. There was tons of food. Very large servings of very good food. Will go back again.

Visited April 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“hmm....uh-uh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I often ask myself why I go to these typical Americanized Chinese restaurants, tucked away in strip malls all over the country. Every once in a while I do run into one that has a different or fresh touch to them, but this appears another deja vu. Anywho, just here for a quick lunch and run. All the usual greasy and shinny dishes we all love to hate (msg-ed) Appeared as though there may have been more authentic dishes on the menu, but seemed overpriced. And those dim sun trays do not seem very sanitary to me. Place has kinda a shopworn look to it. Manager dude sat on bar chair looked half asleep and detached. Wait staff not too friendly. BTW hot tea lacked any flavor but told it was jasmine.(maybe overused tea leaves?) They must be doing something right however, they have been at this location for a long time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, VA
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Upon a recommendation from a friend, we stopped by there for lunch on a Sunday. Even though the place was half empty, we were seated in a back table close to the kitchen (1st red flag) and it took a while for the waitress to come over with the tea (2nd red flag). We sat there for 10-15 minutes while we saw other people get seated and served (3rd and final red flag). Finally we got up and started to walk out and the hostess stopped my friend as I was already at the door. My friend explained about the VERY POOR SERVICE, but at that point, I didn't care, was hungry and just wanted to go someplace and be treated like a customer. My friend felt so bad because she suggested the place, but it wasn't her fault. Will never go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Late night extra mile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We were in to DC on vacation and were very hungry. It was 11pm and we called them up and ordered. They went the extra mile and delivered to our hotel door, even though it was past their time of delivery. Excellent food and very authentic.

Visited July 2013