“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Norfolk, VA
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This hotel is new, very clean, attractive, and is equipped with all the modern amenities. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very comfortable, and even included a hot tub! Small things like the clock radio are of the highest quality. The Internet connection was reliable. The breakfast offerings included scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, link and patty sausage, bacon, cold cereals, sweet rolls, muffins, juices, coffee, and more. Located a short distance from historic Old Town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
alxfom, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to make sure you are comfortable and at home while staying with us. Should you travel to the area again, I hope you will choose our hotel. Thank you very much for the kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
St Kilda, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We (my husband and 3 children under age 10) stayed here for a week while my husband was in a training class. We found the hotel to be new, clean and very comfortable. The room was a roomy size, the fridge was convenient and housekeeping did a wonderful job every day. The one odd thing was that housekeeping only left one bar of soap each day while removing the open bar. So, we were always short for soap between handwashing and bathing. A minor nuisance given the rest of the positives. Oh, and the air conditioner was a bit of a headache - the room got plenty cold, but the unit was very, very loud! We kept the fan on at all times as a way to drown out the noise and to keep the little ones from waking when the unit would kick on during the night.

I was disappointed that the pool (located next door at the Springhill Suites) was only open from 5pm - 10pm. I had hoped to take the kids swimming during the day. Apparently VA has a law that requires that a lifeguard be present. One evening I did go after 5pm to find the pool without chlorine and beginning to turn fuzzy. Oh, and the lifeguard was late - didn't arrive until 5:35pm, but I was allowed access to the pool anyways. ???

The hotel is conveniently located to tourist sites, highway, restaurants and stores. It's not in an area that you could really go out for a walk with the kids or walk to any restaurant. The parking was free and plenty. The breakfast was ok... your usual offerings of cold/hot cereals, and baked goods.

We enjoyed the stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
alxfom, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that if you are back in the area anytime in the future you will come and stay with us again.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Great hotel for the money

Hotel and rooms are in great condition

Rami, the gentleman at the front desk was very professional and knowledgeable

The free breakfast was wonderful, complete with eggs, bacon and sausage

The 'business center' had two computers, very handy to look up/print directions to your destination

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the positive review. I praised the front desk, Rami, you mentioned as well. It is always gratifying to get a nice comment about an employee. Thank you so much and I hope you come back to the hotel soon.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Had a terrific night's sleep. Very comfortable beds. Loved being given choice of pillows with the firmness "monograms". Enjoyed the variety offered at the breakfast buffet. Helpful pleasnat staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your positive review. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again if you are ever in the area.
dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I've stayed in a couple of Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past year, and I've been impressed with their rebranding efforts. These are not the Holiday Inns I remember as a kid! The look was modern and clean, and the lobby/breakfast area was well appointed and open. I really liked the blue tiles around the fireplace in the breakfast area - but that's person taste.

The staff was friendly and clearly eager to help. I could sort of tell that it they were all new (the hotel had just opened a couple of weeks before we stayed there) because sometimes they were hesitant in their answers to my questions, but they always made sure to find out definitively what I needed to know. I don't mind an "I'm not sure" response, as long as it's followed by "let me see if I can find out."

Slept well - the bed was very comfortable. Only trouble we had was with the AC/Heat. We kept trying to manipulate it at the machine like most hotel units do. It was only after some frustration that we realized there was a wall control panel on the other side of the room!

Overall very content with the stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad the front desk was able to answer your questions. I hope your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Please let me know if there is anything I can further assist you with.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!