“Business and Fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
NJ
“Business and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Stayed here for business but brought family to catch some sights in DC. Hotel was great and very clean. Room was perfect for me and husband plus two kids. Had queen bed with pull out. Hotel is short drive from a million stores, restaurants and Crispy Creme! Great value and central location.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I am glad you were able to squeeze some fun into your business trip. Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor. When I went to book it they had a special for and additional $5 I could book a King suite, so I did and we LOVED IT! The hotel was clean and quiet, had a decent breakfast and a gazillion places to eat going left out of the parking lot down Richmond Highway. We were in town for a funeral service so it was nice to get out of the room in the evening and explore a bit. It was a decent price for the area too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a great place to call 'home' for our guests. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Ashland, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We just stayed 3 nights and it was very nice.Great breakfast and the shuttle to the metro was wonderful.Priscilla B. at the front desk went out of her way to help us with everything we needed.We had to have dinner delivered as no place to eat with in walking distance.Yes I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the 5 stars! I will pass along your compliments to the team as well as Priscilla.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My husband, I, and our daughter just returned from a five night stay at this delightful hotel. Our room was comfortable, clean, and quite large. The staff here was always willing to help in whatever way they could. Special applause goes out to our breakfast attendant, Nancy, who exhibited exemplary customer service the entire time that we were there. I witnessed her efficiency each morning as she continually "over-achieved" around the breakfast bar...from restocking, to consistent clean-up, to answering questions and requests, to even offering me the newest edition of USA Today, because "she" recognized that I read a copy each morning with my breakfast. All three of us were totally impressed with her focus on a "job well done" and attention to detail, both large and small. On our day of departure, I purposely dropped by the breakfast area to say goodbye and thank her for her service. Her response? "Thank 'you' for choosing to stay with us!" Wow, that's loyalty. Thank you Nancy...and thank you Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir for hiring such a dedicated employee! We had a great trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for rating us with 5 stars. We also love Nancy. She is GREAT! I will pass along your compliments to her. We hope to see you again should your travels take you back our way!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in a suite at this Holiday Inn to tour DC. There was a little kitchenette and sink in the room that was great use to us. The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was not so great as they were so busy that most of the food was gone or cold by the time we ate. Even though we were close to the vending machines, the noise level was surprisingly quiet. The value was terrific, but if you are staying to tour Washington DC, I would suggest staying somewhere a little closer to town. Overall, we were very satisfied with the value and comfort of the room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for your experience in breakfast. Please come back and see us next time you are in Alexandria.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed for 6 days for a family vacation in DC. Never had to wait for shuttle more than 5 minutes. Breakfast was great and room was spacious and very comfortable. Very close to old town Alexandria if you have a car and the staff was always polite and gracious. I think her name was Priscilla, but she works at the front desk...she was always so nice and helpful. Give her a raise !! Would ABSOLUTELY recommend this hotel!!

Stayed August 2014
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for the five star review! I am happy to hear your stay was great! I will pass along your kind words to Priscilla!
Kissimmee, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I’ll begin with the few positives: comfortable bed, fast internet, and centrally located—and unfortunately, that was it for us. From the moment we came in (at around 7PM, tired after a 12 hour drive), there were issues: #1) our originally booked 2 queen bed suite had “maintenance issues” so we were given an ADA (handicapped) 2 queen bed room (#229) with a rollaway (that was to come later—see issue #3); #2) being that the room was a handicapped room, there was enough room for our family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children--ages 9, 12, and 14), but it was not a clean room—i.e. hair on the pillows, mold under cocking in the bathroom, black mold on the ADA handheld shower handle, mold around the grab rail, tub spout did not function and wasn’t fully attached to the wall, and light fixtures were very rusty; #3) that roll-away bed took a very long time to arrive (we had time to unpack and get something to eat, and the bed still hadn’t gotten there, at which time I had to call) – turns out the ONE gal that was working the front desk was the one who had to take care of it; #4) 1st night not enough towels for 5, so I had to call that same front desk person (again) to bring us some, but the 2nd night (after the cleaning crew took all the towels, and left only 3 clean ones) I had to call again, and was told that I had to come up to the front desk to pick them up—please keep in mind that room #229 is probably 100 steps from said front desk, on the same floor—but we had no other choice, so we went and picked some up; #5) I have to agree with the review titled “Chaos!” that the AC unit was so loud that you had to blast the TV to hear it over the unit, and it was a constant battle of too hot and too cold because the thermostat kept creeping up on its own; #6) once again, another issue I have to agree with the previously mentioned review that it was chaotic—they had one person working the area, and things were refilled ridiculously slow causing backups, which led to not enough seating; and last, but not least #7) the dangerous tile in the bathroom—my 3 children all almost fell, and my husband DID fall coming out of the shower! Luckily, it was just bruising on the side he fell, and he didn’t get seriously hurt, but a serious issue in an ADA room, don’t you think?

My husband works in the resort industry, which is why perhaps we are a little pickier when it comes to things like mold and rust, but also understand how easy it can be to fix it. Ultimately, we all loved the area, but all agree we will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the review. We always want our guest to have a problem-free stay and I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Just as we love to hear positive thoughts regarding our hotel, we also rely on our guests to tell us where we have failed to meet our standards. I will share this with all our departments so we may improve in all of these areas for future guests. Again, I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!