“My hotel stay was pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Visa Gift Card Package!
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Honolulu, Hawaii
“My hotel stay was pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My hotel stay was pleasant. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel three times because I have business meetings in the area. We live in Honolulu, Hawaii and after a long flight across the country, I look forward to checking into this hotel. What I like about our stay is that the room is spacious, comfortable and clean. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport. We also took the shuttle several times to the airport so we pick up the Metro train ride to Washington, D.C. What we also like is that the hotel is right across the street from a supermarket, which is so convenient to pick up any items. The bed was very comfortable. The staff is very helpful, especially William in restaurant. Our room was a suite which also included a refrigerator and a microwave. The cost was reasonable. Overall, I like this hotel, had a pretty good experience and plan on staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Corner suites seem to be larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the bed ;) Please come back and see us.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel so I was expecting it to be a good hotel. We were disappointed in this hotel as our room had no microwave or safe and the bed was uncomfortable and the bottom sheet had fuzz balls on it. The room had a funny smell when we walked in but it was clean. The breakfast was not good very poor choices. We have stayed in many Holiday Inn Express but this one missed the mark for us. For the price we payed one hundred and forty dollars I did not think it was good value. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HolidayInnExpressAlx, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There’s no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction. That’s our goal. We will address the issues that were mentioned in your response.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future here at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria.

Paul Reyes
Front Office Manager
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

In late July and early Aug we spent four days at the Holiday Inn in Alexandria. All the staff was pleasant and helpful. Special clap for Aesmorom, (driver) and Nancy (breakfast staff) The manager was very polite to customers and staff. Great Job. We will be back.

Wendy Robinson

Room Tip: We stayed by the hot tub and as we did use it that was a great room for us.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hello from the States, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the Alexandria area.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed for business last week and had a phenomenal stay! Upon check-in I was greeted by Carmen and her incredible smile at the front desk. This smile was consistent throughout my week's stay and was always delightful. General Manager Amanda & Front Office Manager Paul checked me into my room and were efficient and welcoming. I stayed in a beautiful room that was well lit, clean, spacious, and I loved that each lamp has an outlet directly on the base. Phillip was kind enough to make some great dinner recommendations and also had the same warm and welcome smile as the entire staff. I was greeted each morning at breakfast by Nancy who where I enjoyed a complete breakfast of cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelDiva816
It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel. The staff says "Hello". We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Washington D.C.
Alpha Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This well-located hotel delivers: clean, efficient, everything above average. And isn't that a good thing about Holiday Inn Express? They may never be a Gaylord but they are never a dump either, which one cannot say about Best Western's which run the gamut.

While I can't remember a single person and while no attributes jumps out, it was an excellent stop along the way.

Room Tip: Your GPS may put you on the wrong side of the street as ours did and so we drove right by it the fir...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
McBible

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review. We appreciate your comments and hope the next time you are in Alexandria, you will come see us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Great well maintained hotel and the staff is always courteous and helpful.
Nancy kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked, and always tries to accommodate guests.
Hotel maintenance man David and shuttle driver Fred were professional and energetic.
All the staff are focused are customer service and that's refreshing!

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the hotel, while visiting Alexandria, Va and the location couldn't have been more perfect. My family and I checked-in late and Kelvin was a big help with getting us up to our room fast and smooth while explain the amenities of the property. The room was very clean and spacious even for a family of four. Breakfast was served hot and ready every morning before our ventures. If you are visiting Alexandria this is the place to stay! Will return!

• Stayed November 2012