“Great stay with just a couple negatives” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Galesburg, Michigan
“Great stay with just a couple negatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family stayed here while visiting DC. Loved the shuttle to the metro and were quickly there when we returned at the end of the day. The hotel is a great price and clean. This location is also close to stores and restaurants. Loved the helpful staff.
I only had a couple negatives. Our room faced the street and the road traffic was loud. I'm a lite sleeper! Also our room was right above the front door so not only did we here people arriving late but if someone went out for a smoke break we could hear them talking or laughing. Just a thought to the staff to find a new location for the astray!
Overall we loved our stay and would stay again!

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper ask for a room not facing the road and not above the entrance!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are sorry about the noise outside your room. Also glad to hear you still enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you are in Alexandria or D.C. we will make sure to upgrade you and put you on the back side of the hotel.

Amanda Sellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was an excellent hotel -- fair price, clean, free breakfast, extremely friendly staff (especially Phill at the front desk). We chose this hotel based upon its proximity to the Huntington Metro (free shuttle from the hotel), which made quick trips in and out of Washington easy. Plus the hotel is surrounded by lots of restaurants, so finding a place to eat for dinner is easy. The five of us had a great stay, and we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
To Guest

This is Phill at the Front Desk. I really appreciate you taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about the hotel and also giving me a shot out ;0) We hope when you come back to Washington D.C. you will stay at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria-Fort Belvoir.

Phill Sanders
Front Desk Agent
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for four nights whilst visiting DC and found the hotel to be very clean, quiet and above all, some of the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever encountered in most American hotels, including the major brands in New York costing over ten times the nightly rate of this hotel.
One of the people I was travelling with asked the lady running the breakfast if they had an gluten free bread and she spoke to the management of the hotel and by the next morning there was bread and cereal, which was a lovely thing to see. (in our previous New York hotel, we just got grunted at).

Alexandria is a lovely town to get dinner in and wander around the shops.

Room Tip: Go to Alexandria for dinner. Lovely place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Glad to know we are your top hotel in America :) We hope the next time you are in the Alexandria area you will select the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cant say enough about what a positive stay this was for my family and I .We were in town to see the Capitol for 4 days and this hotel and it's excellent staff deserve your business . To list what I was pleased with would take too long so let me just say that we would def book here again and recommend it to friends.Special mention to Phil at the front desk who,without his infinite patience and professionalism ,I'm afraid I would have been sunk. Fred, the shuttle driver was another high mark for our stay, super friendly and very competent ...wish I could get him to drive me full time.:)
Amanda and the holiday inn should be proud of the service they provide. For the price and the convenience , and last but not least...for an enjoyable trip...I would highly recommend this hotel

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had an excellent experience staying here. The room was clean and comfortable, as I expected it would be, but I have to say the highlight was the courteous employees. I believe Judy was the name of the woman who served our breakfast--a total gem. And the shuttle was a wonderful convenience. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice and highly recommend this hotel. The first time there were issues with my room (telephone and internet issues). Phil was uber-helpful and made things right. My second trip was planned and pre-paid but had to be pushed forward because of impending weather; the staff was again, very helpful and made everything right. The genuinely friendly staff, (wish I could name the lady in the breakfast area and the lady cleaning the lobby) offer more than a half-way hello that you get at some hotels; these folks look you in the eye and smile while saying good morning. Phil at the front desk made awesome recommendations for local restaurants and David, well he was the true gentleman, insisting I "get in the car and stay out of the snow" while he cleaned the snow off my car. This hotel is in a great location, less than 3 miles to Old Towne Alexandria. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor one are easier accessed by parking in the back of the hotel. Rooms at the ends of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hollis Center, Maine, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

To start off I prepaid and reserved a room with its own Jacuzzi for our honeymoon. We drove 550 miles to get here and when we checked in they put us in a room without a Jacuzzi. I went to the front desk to tell them that the room they put us in was not the right room they said that the room we had reserved was unavailable because people had decided to stay longer. To me when you prepay and reserve a specific room it should be ready and waiting when you arrive. They didnt even try to explain anything when we arrived to check in they just dumped us in another room. Andthen they didnt want to work with us when I told them I wanted the room we prepaid for. So for the first night we were stuck in the only room available. The front desk offered anything we wanted in the gift shop for compensation. Mostly sodas and candy in the gift shop. Sorry but that doesnt make up for their incompitance. On the second day they finally gave us the room we wanted. The walls are thin and with a room full of young kids next door it sounded like we were sleeping next to a playground. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will not be staying here again. Very dissappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ed J,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations you received that did not live up to your expectations. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M