You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had an excellent experience staying here. The room was clean and comfortable, as I expected it would be, but I have to say the highlight was the courteous employees. I believe Judy was the name of the woman who served our breakfast--a total gem. And the shuttle was a wonderful convenience. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice and highly recommend this hotel. The first time there were issues with my room (telephone and internet issues). Phil was uber-helpful and made things right. My second trip was planned and pre-paid but had to be pushed forward because of impending weather; the staff was again, very helpful and made everything right. The genuinely friendly staff, (wish I could name the lady in the breakfast area and the lady cleaning the lobby) offer more than a half-way hello that you get at some hotels; these folks look you in the eye and smile while saying good morning. Phil at the front desk made awesome recommendations for local restaurants and David, well he was the true gentleman, insisting I "get in the car and stay out of the snow" while he cleaned the snow off my car. This hotel is in a great location, less than 3 miles to Old Towne Alexandria. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor one are easier accessed by parking in the back of the hotel. Rooms at the ends of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hollis Center, Maine, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

To start off I prepaid and reserved a room with its own Jacuzzi for our honeymoon. We drove 550 miles to get here and when we checked in they put us in a room without a Jacuzzi. I went to the front desk to tell them that the room they put us in was not the right room they said that the room we had reserved was unavailable because people had decided to stay longer. To me when you prepay and reserve a specific room it should be ready and waiting when you arrive. They didnt even try to explain anything when we arrived to check in they just dumped us in another room. Andthen they didnt want to work with us when I told them I wanted the room we prepaid for. So for the first night we were stuck in the only room available. The front desk offered anything we wanted in the gift shop for compensation. Mostly sodas and candy in the gift shop. Sorry but that doesnt make up for their incompitance. On the second day they finally gave us the room we wanted. The walls are thin and with a room full of young kids next door it sounded like we were sleeping next to a playground. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will not be staying here again. Very dissappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ed J,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations you received that did not live up to your expectations. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am so happy I chose this hotel. The hotel management and staff are so helpful, understanding, and nice. Room was spacious and clean. David helped bring our bags up to the room and assisted us with anything we needed. Bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it home with me. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I visit again. Awesome staff, awesome time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Guest, We are so thankful for this great review. David says hello. We really appreciate you staying with us please come back and see us. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant stay while visiting Washington for the weekend. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. The breakfast hostess was fantastic and the shuttle service was very accommodating. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when they come to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post a wonderful review. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Suburban Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one overnight while waiting to take the Amtrak AutoTrain from Lorton, VA. Our son, who used to travel a great deal in his former job, had told us that the Holiday Inn Express chain was his favorite, since it was always clean and comfortable. We have stayed in HI Express hotels previously, but I must say that this particular one outshone all the others by a wide margin. The hotel was ultra-clean, comfortable, well-managed and well-staffed. The beds were comfy; the bathroom was sparkling clean; and the staff was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was hot and contained many healthful choices. Since we had pre-booked, we had a very reasonable rate ($86 per night), which was less that other less-desirable hotels in the Alexandria area. Apparently, HI Express shares an indoor pool with its next door neighbor, Springhill Suites. Finally, the hotel runs a free shuttle bus to the Metro stop in Alexandria, which makes it a great location for touring the sights in Washington. All in all, a very fine hotel at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear of the hotel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest, We are so happy to see that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for highlighting so many of our great amenities. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write a wonderful review. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. Amanda Sellman General Manager
alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Initially I was skeptical about my stay here but much to my surprise this hotel turned out to be a very good stay indeed. It was very clean and up to date. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The gym was small however it had all the essentials that you would need. They also served a breakfast with a variety of choices. Free parking and easy access to 495. The only down side is I had no cell phone reception in the hotel missed several important calls.

Room Tip: connect your cell phone to wifi so you can have some connection to the outside world.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for writing us about your stay. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and our fitness center. We are currently working on the cell phone reception and have added extenders that have improved our signal strength to 4G and LTE. We hope that when you are in Alexandria again you will select the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager