“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am so happy I chose this hotel. The hotel management and staff are so helpful, understanding, and nice. Room was spacious and clean. David helped bring our bags up to the room and assisted us with anything we needed. Bed was so comfortable that I wanted to take it home with me. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I visit again. Awesome staff, awesome time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Guest, We are so thankful for this great review. David says hello. We really appreciate you staying with us please come back and see us. Amanda Sellman General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant stay while visiting Washington for the weekend. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. The breakfast hostess was fantastic and the shuttle service was very accommodating. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family when they come to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post a wonderful review. Please come back and visit us the next time you are in Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Suburban Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one overnight while waiting to take the Amtrak AutoTrain from Lorton, VA. Our son, who used to travel a great deal in his former job, had told us that the Holiday Inn Express chain was his favorite, since it was always clean and comfortable. We have stayed in HI Express hotels previously, but I must say that this particular one outshone all the others by a wide margin. The hotel was ultra-clean, comfortable, well-managed and well-staffed. The beds were comfy; the bathroom was sparkling clean; and the staff was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was hot and contained many healthful choices. Since we had pre-booked, we had a very reasonable rate ($86 per night), which was less that other less-desirable hotels in the Alexandria area. Apparently, HI Express shares an indoor pool with its next door neighbor, Springhill Suites. Finally, the hotel runs a free shuttle bus to the Metro stop in Alexandria, which makes it a great location for touring the sights in Washington. All in all, a very fine hotel at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear of the hotel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest, We are so happy to see that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for highlighting so many of our great amenities. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write a wonderful review. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again. Amanda Sellman General Manager
alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Initially I was skeptical about my stay here but much to my surprise this hotel turned out to be a very good stay indeed. It was very clean and up to date. The room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The gym was small however it had all the essentials that you would need. They also served a breakfast with a variety of choices. Free parking and easy access to 495. The only down side is I had no cell phone reception in the hotel missed several important calls.

Room Tip: connect your cell phone to wifi so you can have some connection to the outside world.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for writing us about your stay. We are glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and our fitness center. We are currently working on the cell phone reception and have added extenders that have improved our signal strength to 4G and LTE. We hope that when you are in Alexandria again you will select the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express,
I just want to tell you that my husband and I really enjoyed stay at your Holiday Inn express Alexandria facility last month. My husband and I had won tickets to attend the Presidential Inauguration and had tried to book a room with The Holiday Inn and was advised it was sold out for the days requested. We continue to search for a Hotel’s accommodations and finally book a room at Days Inn’s in Alexandria. After checking in at 11:50 pm to Days Inn our 1st priority that am was to find a more suitable place to spend the remaining or our 5days in Washington DC. We went to Holiday Inn in Alexandria and was greeted with the lovely smile of Amanda one of your manager’s explained our desperation to find accommodation and she was more than helpful to see that we were completely satisfied. I would like to say that all the staff was very professional and accommodating. The breakfast was hot and good Nancy made sure all guest in the dining area were satisfied. I would also like to Thank Fred our shuttle guider for the excellent customer service and knowledge of the area he provided. The shuttle transportation was an awesome perk to our stay. Please advise your management staff that I would like to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! To the staff as a whole and give special recognitions to (AMANDA, FRED, NANCY and MARLENA). My husband and I give the Staff and Facility 5 Star’s.
Angela Law and Markell Law
Guest from San Diego, California.

Room Tip: Great comstomer service, clean, shuttle service, great breakfeast and washer/dryer service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela & Markell, Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Everyone here says "Hello", you really made each of us feel important. I remember checking you in and how concerned you were moving hotels. I was so happy to see you smiling and thanking us on your way out. You are guest that my team and I will always remember. Please come back and see us. Keep in touch. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family of four stayed here 2 nights in January,2013.
Our room was neat and clean.Even the hallways smelled clean.
I used
The breakfast was very good. Nancy,who worked the dining area was nice and a hard worker.
Front desk staff very courtious.
The driver that dropped off/picked us up at the metro station was always prompt. It felt good to tip him.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Rubicon762,

Thank you so much for posting a great review about the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria. The team was very pleased to hear you noticed our new smell in our hallways. We were trying a new product and glad to know that it works. A big Thank You for noticing Nancy's hard work and dedication. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are traveling to the Alexandria area. Have a wonderful New Year.

Amanda Sellman
Hummelstown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We chose this hotel due to the close proximity to our daughter and son-in-law's new apartment. The free breakfast was also a plus. The hotel staff was wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was average. Hot items were included which was nice. My problem was the other hotel guests. They were pushy and rude. One woman in particular was loud and obnoxious to both other guests and the breakfast staff members. This is not a reflection on the hotel at all, but it made me uncomfortable and the breakfast experience suffered because of this during our 3 night stay.
The beds in the room were average but the pillows were awful. Lumpy and uncomfortable. The room was very clean and the bathrooms were immaculate. Fresh white towels and a nice selection of sample size toiletries. The mouthwash and makeup remover towelette was an especially welcome touch.

Room Tip: Even though we had a room on the main floor (2nd floor since the hotel is built on an incline) just...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Djoann958,

Good Morning. We wanted to thank you very much for posting a review for us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had some issues with other guests. We did also want to let you know IHG is has changed their pillows coming in 2013. They will be larger and hope that you will return to see what you think. Have a wonderful New Year and thanks again.

Amanda Sellman

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!