“We Just wanted to say THANK YOU!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Expedia.com IHG
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
San Diego, CA
“We Just wanted to say THANK YOU!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Dear Holiday Inn Express,
I just want to tell you that my husband and I really enjoyed stay at your Holiday Inn express Alexandria facility last month. My husband and I had won tickets to attend the Presidential Inauguration and had tried to book a room with The Holiday Inn and was advised it was sold out for the days requested. We continue to search for a Hotel’s accommodations and finally book a room at Days Inn’s in Alexandria. After checking in at 11:50 pm to Days Inn our 1st priority that am was to find a more suitable place to spend the remaining or our 5days in Washington DC. We went to Holiday Inn in Alexandria and was greeted with the lovely smile of Amanda one of your manager’s explained our desperation to find accommodation and she was more than helpful to see that we were completely satisfied. I would like to say that all the staff was very professional and accommodating. The breakfast was hot and good Nancy made sure all guest in the dining area were satisfied. I would also like to Thank Fred our shuttle guider for the excellent customer service and knowledge of the area he provided. The shuttle transportation was an awesome perk to our stay. Please advise your management staff that I would like to say THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! To the staff as a whole and give special recognitions to (AMANDA, FRED, NANCY and MARLENA). My husband and I give the Staff and Facility 5 Star’s.
Angela Law and Markell Law
Guest from San Diego, California.

Room Tip: Great comstomer service, clean, shuttle service, great breakfeast and washer/dryer service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Angela & Markell, Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Everyone here says "Hello", you really made each of us feel important. I remember checking you in and how concerned you were moving hotels. I was so happy to see you smiling and thanking us on your way out. You are guest that my team and I will always remember. Please come back and see us. Keep in touch. Amanda Sellman General Manager

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family of four stayed here 2 nights in January,2013.
Our room was neat and clean.Even the hallways smelled clean.
I used
The breakfast was very good. Nancy,who worked the dining area was nice and a hard worker.
Front desk staff very courtious.
The driver that dropped off/picked us up at the metro station was always prompt. It felt good to tip him.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Rubicon762,

Thank you so much for posting a great review about the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria. The team was very pleased to hear you noticed our new smell in our hallways. We were trying a new product and glad to know that it works. A big Thank You for noticing Nancy's hard work and dedication. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are traveling to the Alexandria area. Have a wonderful New Year.

Hummelstown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We chose this hotel due to the close proximity to our daughter and son-in-law's new apartment. The free breakfast was also a plus. The hotel staff was wonderful. Very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was average. Hot items were included which was nice. My problem was the other hotel guests. They were pushy and rude. One woman in particular was loud and obnoxious to both other guests and the breakfast staff members. This is not a reflection on the hotel at all, but it made me uncomfortable and the breakfast experience suffered because of this during our 3 night stay.
The beds in the room were average but the pillows were awful. Lumpy and uncomfortable. The room was very clean and the bathrooms were immaculate. Fresh white towels and a nice selection of sample size toiletries. The mouthwash and makeup remover towelette was an especially welcome touch.

Room Tip: Even though we had a room on the main floor (2nd floor since the hotel is built on an incline) just...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Djoann958,

Good Morning. We wanted to thank you very much for posting a review for us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had some issues with other guests. We did also want to let you know IHG is has changed their pillows coming in 2013. They will be larger and hope that you will return to see what you think. Have a wonderful New Year and thanks again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My family visited the DC area this past weekend to site see before the holidays. It was a pleasure to stay here. We chose this property because of free breakfast, wifi and because it is smoke-free. When we pulled up to the hotel we were skeptical as it is not in a suburban area, not much to look at around the hotel, but it is close to several chain restaurants and right near the highway which was very convenient when driving into DC. My parents stayed here as well and got their room upgraded when they had trouble with their heater. The breakfast was just ok but for the value it was fine. The rooms were clean, the lobby was fresh and new and the staff was friendly. All in all great stay for 3 nights.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kim D,

Thank you so much for posting a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your heater issue our Chief Engineer has fixed the issue. We hope that if you are in our area you will make the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria your first choice.

Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visited the DC area Fri - Monday. I picked this Hotel to be near Old Town Alexandria and the metro station for DC sightseeing.
The staff was very friendly, greeting us every time we came in and went out. They provided a few pages of things to see and do while in the area. There was plenty of free parking. A nice complimentary breakfast was a big plus. They provide a free shuttle to the metro station a short distance away and provide pick up from there until 8PM. Or you can drive and park at the metro station for free on weekends if you'll be out later than 8PM.
The room was clean and neat. Pillows were excellent, with an assortment of firmnesses already on the bed when we arrived. There was a fridge, but no microwave (but there is one in the dining area, which worked out just as well).
I got the feeling that the staff were committed to making this a very fine place to stay, and for me they succeeded. Thank you! Your efforts were appreciated!
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My father, 12-yr-old daughter and I recently visited Washington, D.C. and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria- Ft. Belvoir for the weekend (3 days). Breakfast was very good & exceptionally varied for a hotel without a restaurant. They brought out more food as it was depleted & even when we breakfasted on a weekday, when there were no other guests that AM. The staff at this hotel was by far the best I've encountered in my long hotel history. The 2 ladies that prepare breakfast, the front desk staff, Marlena, and the driver, Fred, went above and beyond in their customer service. Housekeeping did a thorough cleaning each night and were honest. They turned in my eye glasses that I left there. Marlena offered assistance in dining suggestions in the area, and even helped me ship my eye glasses to me in N.C. I left there! The hotel offers free shuttle service to the Metro for area/D.C. sites. The drivers, Fred & Paul (?) even brought transported us to & from the Metro when we checked out! The rooms were clean, comfortably sized & equipped; the beds & pillows very comfortable. Very peaceful and stress-free stay! I will absolutely stay here, again, when in the area!

Room Tip: It was too cold to use the pool, so I did not experience it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Roberta,

Good Morning. I received your voicemail and really appreciate your feedback. Everyone was sad to see you leave and enjoyed having you stay with us. We thank you for taking time out of your day to post such a detailed review. We hope the next time you and your family are in town you will stay with us again. Everyone says Hello from the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria.

Highland, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Finding a hotel on short notice in DC is often difficult. I have had mixed results with the Holiday inn chain in general, but generally have liked the holiday inn express hotels. So, when I couldn't get a hotel downtown on my last trip, I chose this hotel in Alexandria. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. It's not a four star hotel, but it's one of the best 3 star hotels I've stayed in. And the price was great - even on short notice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Erich P,

Good Morning. We have read your review and happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad to hear that you also enjoyed Alexandria. We hope the next time you are coming back to DC you will make us your #1 choice.

Amanda Sellman

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!