“Great location, great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Highland, Utah
“Great location, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Finding a hotel on short notice in DC is often difficult. I have had mixed results with the Holiday inn chain in general, but generally have liked the holiday inn express hotels. So, when I couldn't get a hotel downtown on my last trip, I chose this hotel in Alexandria. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. It's not a four star hotel, but it's one of the best 3 star hotels I've stayed in. And the price was great - even on short notice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Erich P,

Good Morning. We have read your review and happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad to hear that you also enjoyed Alexandria. We hope the next time you are coming back to DC you will make us your #1 choice.

Amanda Sellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel is very well located to explore Washington DC and to have good rest afterwards. It has free shuttle service to the 1st metro station of the Yellow line, which is a few minutes ride. It will cost you ar. 4 usd to go to the downtown by metro.
The hotel is very clean, tidy and very cosy. It has lovely spa area and you are allowed to use the swimming pool of the neighbour hotel (less than a minute walk).
The price of the room includes wifi, parking and warm breakfast. Rooms are almost twice cheaper on Fr, Sat and Su night compare to the other days.
The staff is extremely friendly and polite.

Room Tip: We stay on the fist floor and the windows can't be opened. i don't know if it is the case fo...
Dan710

Wow! I want to thank you for posting such a detailed review. This really helps our guests feel secure on their decision on staying with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to add this detail. We hope the next time you are in our area you will stay with us. Have a wonderful day.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff was so Great always a smile. Breakfast was wonderful, I second the plaudits for the ladies on the buffet. We spent 4 days, our room was kept immaculate. Free WiFi worked well. The different departments decorated Pumpkins and then asked for the guests input as to the best designs. I think #5 was the best. Shuttle service was fast and easy to use. Only disappointment was that the pool is only a whirlpool, Great for me but not great for kids looking for a pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tomvpsr

We appreciate you writing this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast. We do have a pool located at our sister property next door. Thank you for voting for #5, that was the Sales Department and they ended up coming in 2nd place. We hope the next time you are in the Alexandria area you will stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a great property. The morning buffet is great, nancy is fantastic at keeping everything well stocked and she is most helpful. The hotel is very clean and the location is great for Sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear drdiazdnp,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We have recongnized Nancy for her great performance based on the review that you provided. We hope you visit us again went you return to the Alexandria area.

Thanks,

Paul Reyes
Front Office Manager
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Where do I start???? We stayed there 3 nights. The service was top notch. The check in staff, the breakfast staff,,, they were all great. All our needs were met. The room was comfortable. Beds were nice. The television cable was more than some top notch places offer. We went to visit our son stationed at Fort Belvoir (Navy). The location was good, easy to find with help of GPS. Plenty of restaurants and other places nearby. Yes we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Blucyclone,

Thank you so much for selecting us as your WINNER. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the next time you are vesting your son in the Ft. Belvoir area; you will select your winning hotel again.

Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would like to share my experience with 3 staff members while staying overnight. I got lost driving to the hotel. On my previous visit, Antwane, while making my reservation he suggested that I make my reservation for an additional day as it was going to be over the Labor Day weekend. He stated that I could always cancel the additional day if my travel plans changed. Before getting on the road, I spoke to Vince. He confirmed that my reservation was guaranteed for late arrival. On my drive down, I got lost. When I spoke to Marlena, she informed me that I needed to head toward and to cross the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. Once she said that, I knew the direction to head. Each staff person contributed to lessening any of the anxiety that can be associated with travel. It is why I always speak with staff as needed prior to and throughout my stay as needed.

Room Tip: I ask for a room that is either 2 or 3 rooms down from the elevator and vending machines
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Darryl

Thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your Labor Day weekend. We appreciate you taking time to write such a wonderful review. I have shared your posting with Antwane, Vince and Marlena and they all say "Hello". We hope that if you are ever in the Alexandria area you will select the Holiday Inn Express once again. Have a wonderful Thursday.

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Alexandria, VA. Check-in was quick, staff polite and friendly and I would highly recommend it. The room was big with a sitting area (couch and table) and mini kitchen. It was clean, appeared new and I considering the area was relatively inexpensive. A buffet breakfast was included.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bselikoff,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria. We are very pleased to hear about your stay. Thank you so much for mentioning some of our great amenities. We look forward to having you again and have a wonderful day.