“Huge rooms for a HIX...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Lauderdale, Mississippi
“Huge rooms for a HIX...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I first walked into our room, my first thoughts were whats crops to plant due to the acreage in the rooms. All kidding aside, the rooms were quite roomy. The furnishing though were standard HIX and nothing to brag about. One thing to note: My room DID NOT have a microwave and wasn't sure if that was norm for the hotel or if room was just missing it. (I never needed it so it wasn't brought up) Thought it was just strange for a HIX. Staff was very helpful. Also had a free shuttle to METRO which is the best way to get around D.C. area unless you like traffic and paying for parking. Stayed here for three nights and had no problems here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We rolled into Alexandria at 10pm one night without a reservation and after a little looking around we settled on the HIE. This was a good choice. For one thing, my phone charger was missing and the front desk clerk lent me his personal charger for the night -- what a lifesaver!

The breakfast was good and the room was clean and well-appointed for our needs. A tad pricey, but we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and was absolutely amazed at how pleasant the staff was. This was my first visit to DC and I was extremely nervous about riding the Metro. Vince took the time to explain the Metro color coded system to me. When he was done he asked the driver Chandu would he take me to the Metro station so I could become familiar with it before taking it for the first time on Monday. Chandu took me to the Metro Station and explained how I would get my ticket and showed me where to stand when I was ready to be picked up. The following morning I was like a little kid going to my first day of school. I was very nervous and unfortunately it was raining. Mr. Fred was the shuttle driver and he offered me his personal umbrella for me to use during my stay. I was very thankful for this kind gesture because I was going to training and didnt want to be wet or have my hair wet when I arrived.

When I got back to the hotel Vince was there and he asked me how my day was and how was my commute (this became a daily regime.) I was so far away from home but they made me feel like I was amongst family by asking me how my day and commute was.

Vince, Fred and Chandu are truly great people/workers. When I first met them they were strangers. When I left, they were family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really apprecaite your review. Fred was pleased to hear that he made your stay. We hope that if you return to Alexandria we will be your top choice. Thanks again and have a wonderful summer.

Amanda Sellman
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff was very accommodating and pleasant! The rooms were very clean and smelled clean too. Also, the rooms were larger than in many hotels. We stayed 6 nights and were very pleased with this newer hotel. The shuttle to the metro was great,be sure to get a card with their phone number so you can call for pick up. Our driver Fred, was great and very informative. Breakfast included a nice variety, even had grapefruit a couple of days and the servers were very helpful. One even remembrered that i liked grapefruit and brought me one from the back the next day. What an unexpected treat from a chain hotel.
Our room was on the front of the hotel, next to the street. I was worried about noise, but it was not a problem. We heard very little.
Another plus was the short distance to Old Alexandria,where we enjoyed one nice evening.
This hotel was a bit more expensive than we are accustomed to paying but I shopped around extensively and this was the best value for the money that I could find. We were not disappointed, even added an extra night to our stay. Weekend rates are much less than week day.
I highly recommend this hotel!
Oh, one last thing, every other Tuesday night they have a manager's reception at 5:30. Check it out, it was quite nice the week we were there.

Room Tip: Manager's reception every other Tuesday 5:30=tasty If traveling with more than 2 people and can...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a great place to stay, everyone their seems to love their jobs from Fred the shuttle driver to the lovely lady that takes care of breakfast buffett. The enthusiasm of the employees helps make your day wonderful. They take care of the guests in a way that makes you feel valued. It is an easy shuttle ride to the Metro that quickly gets you to Old Town Alexandria and downtown DC. We will be statying here again when we return to DC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Summit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for a week while seeing all the sights in DC. First of all everyone was friendly and I can not say that enough. The hotel is close to the metro stop and the hotel shuttle was great taking us to the metro and picking us up. We enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Within the first 30 minutes of arriving in D.C., I was hustled by a cab driver who drove me around for almost 30 minutes to take me to my destination which was 9-11 miles away. After this event my thoughts were all over the place and I anticipated all of the locals to be con artist. I was very, very wrong. I was greeted by Tim who went out of his way to calm me down (I was very teary eyed.) I explained to him that I was on on business and had the catch the train in the morning but I was petrified because I had never rode the train before. He took out a map and tried to explain the routes to me but it was a tad bit confusing. He understood how confusing this was and decided to draw me a map with instructions. He told me that the only thing I needed to worry about was the "Yellow" Train. He told me not to be concerned with any other color except for yellow. He explained to me that when the train comes I need to sit by the window and listen to the conductor say "L'Enfant Plaza". He also told me that when I come back home, the only thing I need to look for is "YELLOW HUNTINGTON" This helped me out with my nerves but I was still slightly concerned about getting lost on my morning commute. I came downstairs to ask Tim more questions but the shift had already changed and Arianna and Vince were working. I instantly became upset because my mentatlity went back to "all of these people are crazy con artist." Vince and Arianna changed my train of thought instantly. Vince found a color coded map and he and Arianna went on to showing me exactly where my destination was on the color coded map, they told me how many stops I would have before arriving etc. As we were having this discussion Mr. Chandu walked up and told me that he would bring me to the station that night so that I wouldn't be so overwhelmed the next morning.

The next morning arrived and I was all ready for my commute but unfortunately it was raining. It never occured to me to pack an umbrella for my trip. I was already nervous about my first train ride and it had the audacity to start raining. The shuttle driver "Mr. Fred", asked me if i needed an umbrella. I stated, I would be okay but how I was gonna be a little embarressed going into my training with my hair all messed up. He went into to his car and gave me his personal umbrella to use. I was so thankful and thought to myself how that was a very kind gesture. He dropped me off and told me that when I get back to stand "right here" and they would send someone to come pick me up.

The staff at this hotel turned my sour trip into one that I will never forget. I ended up at this hotel because my original hotel was booked. This hotel was not even in the location I initially desired but due to the staff and my new found knowledge of the train system, I will always stay at this hotel. I have training again next month and am looking forward to coming back to see my new found family.

VInce, Arianna, TIm, Chandu and Fred are the best. Thank you guys for taking care of this little Southern Girl lost in a big city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!