“A convenient place to stay when visiting D.C.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Kansas
“A convenient place to stay when visiting D.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is a convenient and affordable place to stay while visiting Washington D.C. It is located close to Washington National Airport, and the Huntington Metro Station is only a mile away.

The hotel appears very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff was very welcoming when we checked in, and they gave us recommendations on how to best use the metro, sightseeing, etc ... This was all helpful and much appreciated. The rooms were quiet, and we heard very little outside noise the entire stay. The complimentary breakfast selection offered was typical for a Holiday Inn Express, and the serving / eating area was very clean and well stocked. There was not a charge for parking here; most other hotels in the area do charge a nightly fee.

My only issue would involve the safety of the area. I was only at the hotel for one night, so perhaps that is not long enough to evaluate the neighborhood. We walked three blocks after dark to eat at Five Guys Burger, which we did only because traffic in the area was very heavy at the time. I was walking with quite a few others, but had there been only 2 or 3 of us I don't think I would have felt safe doing this. When we returned from eating, two police cars were in the hotel parking lot with lights on and three people were in handcuffs. The police were searching two cars that were at the Holiday Inn. I know this is not the responsibility of the hotel, but I mentioned it only because it did impact my opinion of the neighborhood.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting D.C. as I have nothing but positive comments about the hotel itself and the employees. As is probably true in any big city, though, I would use caution if staying here solo.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel was very clean and nice, but the bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were as flat as pancakes. Overall, it was a nice stay. The front desk staff was very accommodating.
NO bed bugs is always a PLUS!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to write a nice review about our hotel. I will look into different options for pillows, I do apologize that they were not as comfortable as you would have liked. We hope that when you travel back to the Alexandria area you will choose our hotel once again.

Thanks.

Plumsteadville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed here in November 2011. This is right on the Richmond Hwy which is an excellent location for getting back and forth to the DC Metro Station at Huntingdon. The Hotel offers a free shuttle ride to and from the Station. GREAT shuttle driver (Fred) was very personable, most accommodating. Also, the front desk (Antwan?? I know I must've spelled his name wrong!!) was extremely cordial and really helped us in every way possible.

We had a Suite which, in addition to a very comfortable bed, included a desk, sofa and tables, and a mini-kitchen with a fridge and microwave...it even had a kitchen sink.

The only thing I would change is the "unit" for heating and air conditioning. It was a little noisy.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, very much what you'd expect from this sort of offering. The young lady that maintains the breakfast buffet was so sweet, and really did a good job on keeping up with the task at hand.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Guest

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a nice and detailed review. Antwane and Fred are very special to us here and we are glad to hear they made a great first impression. Thank you for talking about our ideal location for other guests to read and give us a try. We hope the next time you are in Alexandria you will come and see us again!

Have a wonderful week!

Caldwell, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Picked this off tripadvisor based on other people liking it. Great place to stay, clean, good breakfast. Very nice. We agree with everyone that Da'Nette was great! Get tips on nearby tourist attractions from front desk. Learned about free bus service in Old Town Alexandria. Also appreciated Nancy at breakfast, Fred on the shuttle car and Edric at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Guest

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review. Also glad to hear you decided to stay with us due to reading our trip advisor reviews. We strive everyday to make our guests feel welcome and somewhere you can be "You", please stay with us again if you are in the Alexandria area.

Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have no hesitation in recommending the Holiday Inn Express in Alexandria for stays around the Washington, DC area. The hotel is easy to find and access from the Interstate. Da'Nette, the front desk receptionist, was enthusiastic and helpful upon our arrival and was available for any and all issues and questions. The room itself was large and cozy, and I can't say enough good of the comfortable bed and pillows. I certainly got a good night's sleep after a long day of walking around the DC area!

The bathroom was exceptionally clean and roomy, and although we didn't use it during our short stay, the kitchenette is a definite bonus for longer visits and included a small refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast provided the next morning was well done and includes all of the usual Holiday Inn Express items. I will certainly use this hotel if I ever find myself in northern Virginia/Washington, DC again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. Glad to hear you really enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind the next time you are traveling to Alexandria.

Williamsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We recently stayed here for two nights and found the staff to be very nice and helpful, the room and bed very comfortable, and the location very convenient. It was a great stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Wish I could have stayed a little longer the room was so nice. Edric was helpful in getting me there as GPS took me down the road. As soon as I walked into the room I was impressed. Wish the bed had a little more cushion but not bad at all. I didn't pay for the room so I can't speak to the value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!