We stayed here in November 2011. This is right on the Richmond Hwy which is an excellent location for getting back and forth to the DC Metro Station at Huntingdon. The Hotel offers a free shuttle ride to and from the Station. GREAT shuttle driver (Fred) was very personable, most accommodating. Also, the front desk (Antwan?? I know I must've spelled his name wrong!!) was extremely cordial and really helped us in every way possible.
We had a Suite which, in addition to a very comfortable bed, included a desk, sofa and tables, and a mini-kitchen with a fridge and microwave...it even had a kitchen sink.
The only thing I would change is the "unit" for heating and air conditioning. It was a little noisy.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty good, very much what you'd expect from this sort of offering. The young lady that maintains the breakfast buffet was so sweet, and really did a good job on keeping up with the task at hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir