“Excellent property - only one year old and great customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Maryland USA
“Excellent property - only one year old and great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Hotel is only one year old and still looks new both inside and out. The lobby area and rooms are art decor. Large lobby and dining area for the standard fare HIE breakfast. Business center, though small, does have a door you can close for privacy. Bottom floor contains a small pool/hot tub but you can also you a pool next door at the neighboring hotel. 1 minute walk away. Best gym I have seen. All new equipment and they spared no expense. The entire property both inside and out looks well maintained and up to date. Room contained flat screen TV my only complaint was the bed was too soft, but how a bed feels is subjective. Room and bathroom were very clean. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bilbao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

I booked two nights stay for my family.

PRICE/ QUALITY RATE: 6/10 (90$ + 9% tax)
LOCATION (5/10): far from everywhere (if visiting Washington), Complimentary shuttle bus efficient but ends at 20h00. You will probably need a car.
ROOM (8/10): big, nice and clean
WIFI: (10/10): complimentary and fast enough.
BREAKFAST: (5/10): complimentary, really poor, crowded and staff is really, really slow
STAFF (5/10): check in/out - regular, restaurant - bad
AMENITIES (7/10): tea, coffe, refrigerator available, bathroom ones very poor.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

2 of the beds had in one of our rooms had stains and one even had a hair along with the stain. The front desk staff brought up a bunch of sheets, that didn't fit the bed, aplogiazed and we were left to change the sheets.
The next morning though housekeeping came in early with the manager, they apologized and thoroughly cleaned the room and changed all the sheets.
The breakfast staff was very kind and generous. There were some guests that literally would grab the entire tray of bacon for themselves, they saw this and made some more just for us.
Although this hotel was close to the Metro and the shuttle was pretty convenient, it costs us $45/day for a family of 5 for a day pass which allowsunlimited travel on any of the Metro lines for a full day.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I was here with my daughter's 5th grade class, we arrived on Wednesday night and departed on Saturday morning, I of course checked for bed bugs and was impressed to see the mattress looked brand new the pillows were amazing, I have stayed at many hotels but this was by far the most comfortable nights sleep i have ever had, as far as the breakfast was concerned it was very nice, a good variety, only thin that could have made it better was maybe some more fresh fruit, and with our group of at least 60 as well as other gusets they were able to keep it all full, I would definitly stay at this hotle again

• Stayed March 2011
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel is very clean, The rooms are large and have fridge, microwave, and a very nice tv. The location is great - a short ride to Metro and the hotel has a shuttle. When we were checking in, they gave us complimentary water and chips - a nice touch. Overall, a very pleasant stay - we'll come back when we are going to visit DC again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

First of all, let me say the hotel room was clean. We love to travel and have stayed at all different kinds of hotels, I am not a picky customer by any stretch. But, when a hotel advertises on its website something I do expect it. We reserved a suite since there were five of us so after a long day of touring D.C, I and my family were looking forward to relaxing in the whirlpool tub in our room. Well, there was not one. I went back to the desk & asked about it and was told that only the jacuzzi suites have them. The website has this listed for all suites, even the guy working looked it up and agreed that the website is wrong. The little bathtub we did have had very little water pressure and we ran out of hot water before the tub was half full. It also list that they offer complimentary drinks for the suites, well that was the single bottle of water & bag of chips he handed to me when I checked in (which when he handed it to me said it was for being a choice member, but when I asked directley about what the drinks were he said it was the bottle of water). I assume they have a pool? Or maybe you can use the one next door? When asking about the bathtub a family of swimmers came in complaining about the time they were told the pool closed. Wish I would have known the kids could have gone swimming. It is also listed that we were supposed to have plates/glassware in the kitchenette. We had none, the cabinets were empty. (I did not realize this was listed until after we came home)

Other than that, the air conditioner is extremely loud (to the point it will wake you up) and granted this is not the fault of any hotel staff, the soundproofing is horrible. Our room was on the third floor above the entrance and all I heard all night was traffic and conversations of others, word for word. The breakfast is okay with a variety of choices, no complaints there. I personally would not return simply because I felt very mislead. I research alot before choosing a hotel and felt very cheated with this one. We had another hotel in Fairfax booked for this trip (which we have stayed at before), but I chose this one because of the amenities they listed on their website, so I was disappointed to find that it was not true.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HOUSTON,TEXAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

PROS- Great location. Heater and a.c. works well and can be set to auto or on. Plenty parking. Free and varied bkfst. Low room rate at less than $90.

CONS- In all fairness, this was during Thanksgiving but there were large crowds for breakfast and the food kept running out( I saw one woman take at least 12 slices of bacon and make a sandwich and put more in her oatmeal). No microwave in room. Blower on heater is the loudest I have ever heard but one certainly does not hear external noise. Carpet not vacuumed during my several day stay. No washer/dryer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir? Share your experiences!