“Great Value and Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Value and Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Greeted immediately upon arrival, extremely quick check in process. Front desk staff were very helpful, even agreed to change my room due to personal preference for location. Large room, everything was clean and new, very nice. The only minor gripe is the fitness center didn't offer much more than a treadmill and bike, but other than that this hotel was far above average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent our college spring break in Washington, D.C. and stayed at this hotel. The room was very nice, new, and clean. The people at the front desk were super nice and helpful! It was a great value (when sharing with multiple people) and only 10 minutes from the Huntington metro stop! Good complimentary breakfast and wifi and free parking. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arriving at the Hampton Inn, my boyfriend and I were greeted promptly and courteously. The process itself was easy and stress-free, which was good since we arrived there fairly late in the evening. The suite we booked was very spacious and everything was extremely clean and orderly. Also, the breakfast was delicious! Waffles, fruit, bagels, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, and more! One of the ladies at the front desk (I don't know her name) even grabbed our dirty dishes from the table as we finished. Overall, I was very pleased with our accomodations and would most certainly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: The suites are great! Very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

As some of my previous reviews have said, I judge the experience at a particular property against my previous stays within the brand. I have stayed at many Hamptons across the country and have found them consistently substantially above average. I have heightened expectations for Hamptons and, therefore, tend to stay there if the location is right.

This was an excellent Hampton stay. I cashed in a Hilton Honors rewards night and was pleased that the person who checked me in acknowledged my HH membership and thanked me for choosing Hampton Inn. I have not always enjoyed a warm reception when claiming a free night, and in fact received a cold reception and confusion when doing so at another chain.

The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed, as usual for HI. The breakfast had diverse choices and was well stocked and serviced. I very much appreciate that HI always has plentiful and edible protein choices. Parking was convenient with sufficient carts for getting luggage to and from the room. Check out was fast and pleasant. Housekeeping provided extra towels promptly upon my request right on the floor where we were staying.

The hotel was quiet, and I got the impression that it was a slow night at this HI. The breakfast room was empty when we went down at 8:30 a.m. The property is near Fort Belvoir and Mount Vernon, so most of the time I surmise that occupancy is high. When I encounter a hotel that is not busy during my stay, I always qualify my review with the caveat that a crowd might result in a different experience.

This property delivered a great stay for us. For Hamptons, this is a five from me. I rate it a four on Trip Advisor to reserve some room for an incredible experience such as that I had at a Ritz Carlton several years ago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Clean, safe and secure with friendly staff that made our family's experience a memorable one. Staff greeted all of us with a cheerful "good morning" or "hello, may I help you?"
This was perhaps the most quiet and relaxing hotel experience in the VA/Metro DC area. No traffic noise and no rowdy guests. Many of the other guests were military personnel who were highly professional and courteous to civilian guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a two-night stay visiting family in the area. The desk staff upon arrival was very helpful and pleasant. The room was very comfortable. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there... there was a broken toilet seat and a coffee pot that didn't work... we did get those problems fixed, however, housekeeping never showed up to take care of the room... When checking out, no question was asked about our stay... whether everything was satisfactory, etc. ... We reported the lack of housekeeping... the desk clerk seemed indifferent to the situation and simply stated that the matter would be reported to the supervisor... The place has potential, we're just not sure we want to give it another try...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the deficiencies in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Tracey Thompson
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel near Fort Belvoir this is literally about 5 minutes away. Rooms are great the only thing I did not like about it is the shower since you can't really regulate if temperature, its either too cold or too hot. Other than that the hotel is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

Address: 8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309
Location: United States > Virginia > Alexandria
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Suites Swimming Pool
#5 Business Hotel in Alexandria
#7 Family Hotel in Alexandria
#15 Romantic Hotel in Alexandria
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South 2.5*
Hampton Inn & Suites® Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., Fort Belvoir and historic Old Town Alexandria. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing indoor pool (Pool Hours Monday- Friday 5p-9p, Sat/Sun 11a-9p), 24-hour business center, and meeting space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.