As some of my previous reviews have said, I judge the experience at a particular property against my previous stays within the brand. I have stayed at many Hamptons across the country and have found them consistently substantially above average. I have heightened expectations for Hamptons and, therefore, tend to stay there if the location is right.
This was an excellent Hampton stay. I cashed in a Hilton Honors rewards night and was pleased that the person who checked me in acknowledged my HH membership and thanked me for choosing Hampton Inn. I have not always enjoyed a warm reception when claiming a free night, and in fact received a cold reception and confusion when doing so at another chain.
The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed, as usual for HI. The breakfast had diverse choices and was well stocked and serviced. I very much appreciate that HI always has plentiful and edible protein choices. Parking was convenient with sufficient carts for getting luggage to and from the room. Check out was fast and pleasant. Housekeeping provided extra towels promptly upon my request right on the floor where we were staying.
The hotel was quiet, and I got the impression that it was a slow night at this HI. The breakfast room was empty when we went down at 8:30 a.m. The property is near Fort Belvoir and Mount Vernon, so most of the time I surmise that occupancy is high. When I encounter a hotel that is not busy during my stay, I always qualify my review with the caveat that a crowd might result in a different experience.
This property delivered a great stay for us. For Hamptons, this is a five from me. I rate it a four on Trip Advisor to reserve some room for an incredible experience such as that I had at a Ritz Carlton several years ago.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites® Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., Fort Belvoir and historic Old Town Alexandria. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing indoor pool (Pool Hours Monday- Friday 5p-9p, Sat/Sun 11a-9p), 24-hour business center, and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.