“A First Class Hampton Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Cleveland, OH
“A First Class Hampton Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

As some of my previous reviews have said, I judge the experience at a particular property against my previous stays within the brand. I have stayed at many Hamptons across the country and have found them consistently substantially above average. I have heightened expectations for Hamptons and, therefore, tend to stay there if the location is right.

This was an excellent Hampton stay. I cashed in a Hilton Honors rewards night and was pleased that the person who checked me in acknowledged my HH membership and thanked me for choosing Hampton Inn. I have not always enjoyed a warm reception when claiming a free night, and in fact received a cold reception and confusion when doing so at another chain.

The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed, as usual for HI. The breakfast had diverse choices and was well stocked and serviced. I very much appreciate that HI always has plentiful and edible protein choices. Parking was convenient with sufficient carts for getting luggage to and from the room. Check out was fast and pleasant. Housekeeping provided extra towels promptly upon my request right on the floor where we were staying.

The hotel was quiet, and I got the impression that it was a slow night at this HI. The breakfast room was empty when we went down at 8:30 a.m. The property is near Fort Belvoir and Mount Vernon, so most of the time I surmise that occupancy is high. When I encounter a hotel that is not busy during my stay, I always qualify my review with the caveat that a crowd might result in a different experience.

This property delivered a great stay for us. For Hamptons, this is a five from me. I rate it a four on Trip Advisor to reserve some room for an incredible experience such as that I had at a Ritz Carlton several years ago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Clean, safe and secure with friendly staff that made our family's experience a memorable one. Staff greeted all of us with a cheerful "good morning" or "hello, may I help you?"
This was perhaps the most quiet and relaxing hotel experience in the VA/Metro DC area. No traffic noise and no rowdy guests. Many of the other guests were military personnel who were highly professional and courteous to civilian guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had a two-night stay visiting family in the area. The desk staff upon arrival was very helpful and pleasant. The room was very comfortable. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there... there was a broken toilet seat and a coffee pot that didn't work... we did get those problems fixed, however, housekeeping never showed up to take care of the room... When checking out, no question was asked about our stay... whether everything was satisfactory, etc. ... We reported the lack of housekeeping... the desk clerk seemed indifferent to the situation and simply stated that the matter would be reported to the supervisor... The place has potential, we're just not sure we want to give it another try...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the deficiencies in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and I hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Tracey Thompson
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel near Fort Belvoir this is literally about 5 minutes away. Rooms are great the only thing I did not like about it is the shower since you can't really regulate if temperature, its either too cold or too hot. Other than that the hotel is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were here for a family member military promotion who lived at Fort Belvoir. This was a great hotel in close proximity to them. Employees were very helpful and friendly and the rooms were very comfortable. Stay was very relaxing and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great location for Fort Belvoir families.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Calera, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the absolute best Hotel I have stayed in a while. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location and easy drive to Metro. Rooms were clean and updated and the breakfast was great and very well served. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My step mom was staying here for business for a few weeks so we came down and stayed a night with her in this hotel. The lobby is modern but a nice modern. Not too sleek, but still modernly elegant. The halls are very clean, new like the hotel. The rooms are spacious for a place closer to a big city. The bedspread is so comfortable and there are many extras in the room. Nice TVs. They do provide a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom is very nice- it made me feel like I was at home. There's a good amount of space in it as well. Something that is greatly appreciated is the lighting. There are lamps next to the bed, one in the entrance of the room, one on the wall next to the TV, and one on the desk. The pool area and fittness center were like any other hotel, but they were again very clean. The breakfast eating area was very nice. A wonderful continental breakfast. Eggs, oatmeal, home fries or sausage, cereal, coffee, milk, juice, waffles, muffins, danishes, bagels, and more. The staff that work breakfast are overjoyed to have guests stay there. The woman working that day, Georgina, is a spanish speaker. I asked her what kind of danishes they were and she responded in spanish. I do look a little mexican, so i didnt mind. I speak spanish as well. So she asked me if i wanted a strawberry danish and i said i guess. She automatically went and got me two fresh strawberry danishes. It was such a kind gesture. When we were finished I asked her, in Spanish, about her job and everything. She said she loves her job and how she can be so close to Washington and how it is a really beautiful city. Ms. Georgina should be thanked for everything she does. The staff at Hampton Inn and Suites is so kind and outgoing. Excellent hotel. Stay here!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South? Share your experiences!