“This was the absolute best Hotel I have stayed in a while. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Calera, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the absolute best Hotel I have stayed in a while. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location and easy drive to Metro. Rooms were clean and updated and the breakfast was great and very well served. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My step mom was staying here for business for a few weeks so we came down and stayed a night with her in this hotel. The lobby is modern but a nice modern. Not too sleek, but still modernly elegant. The halls are very clean, new like the hotel. The rooms are spacious for a place closer to a big city. The bedspread is so comfortable and there are many extras in the room. Nice TVs. They do provide a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom is very nice- it made me feel like I was at home. There's a good amount of space in it as well. Something that is greatly appreciated is the lighting. There are lamps next to the bed, one in the entrance of the room, one on the wall next to the TV, and one on the desk. The pool area and fittness center were like any other hotel, but they were again very clean. The breakfast eating area was very nice. A wonderful continental breakfast. Eggs, oatmeal, home fries or sausage, cereal, coffee, milk, juice, waffles, muffins, danishes, bagels, and more. The staff that work breakfast are overjoyed to have guests stay there. The woman working that day, Georgina, is a spanish speaker. I asked her what kind of danishes they were and she responded in spanish. I do look a little mexican, so i didnt mind. I speak spanish as well. So she asked me if i wanted a strawberry danish and i said i guess. She automatically went and got me two fresh strawberry danishes. It was such a kind gesture. When we were finished I asked her, in Spanish, about her job and everything. She said she loves her job and how she can be so close to Washington and how it is a really beautiful city. Ms. Georgina should be thanked for everything she does. The staff at Hampton Inn and Suites is so kind and outgoing. Excellent hotel. Stay here!

• Stayed January 2013
Greenwich, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were pleasantly suprised at the size of our suite - #342. Althought it's a bit far from the elevators, the room was very accomodating for 2 adults and 4 teens. The beds were very comfortable and the linens crisp.This room is also above the pool. We took the stairs to the floor below to get to the pool and to exit to the parking lot. The room and the hotel were very clean. The staff is very welcoming and accomodating - offering suggestions to local attractions and acitivities. The breakfast area was extremely clean and under constant supervision by an attendant. The food options were plentiful and tasty. We are planning to return in a couple of months.

Room Tip: Room #342 is very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was here for 4 weeks due to work. The hotel is pretty much like most Hampton Inns I've stayed at, although they don't keep the breakfast area open for snacks throughout the day. The room lighting is sufficient for lounging but not for working. The gym is nice. I didn't use the pool. The area around the hotel on Rt 1 is a bit sketchy, so I'd recommend going to Old Town Alexandria, Kingstown, or Potomac Mills for dinner, shopping, and entertainment.

• Stayed December 2012
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed over Thanksgiving weekend, and we enjoyed this hotel. The room was really nice! We had one of the king rooms in the middle of the hall that had a sofa bed. It had plenty of room! We also liked how the vanity area is outside of the room with the tub and toilet. My only criticisms of the room were the VERY thin walls (we could hear the people next door cough!), and the pillows. Hampton seems to have gone to the non-fluffy, feather-type pillows, and we just hate them!

Breakfast was good, and the staff kept the food replenished. Coffee was always very hot! The room was also large enough to accommodate a crowd.

Room Tip: The king rooms in the middle of each floor are huge!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Checked in on a Friday night with plans to visit Mt Vernon on Saturday. When I walked in, there was no one at the front desk. I waited, looked around, began to get slightly impatient. Finally another guest said "oh she is helping that party in the breakfast area". A few minutes later, an associate appeared. We were checked in with no problems. I inquired about some delivery menus, as it was getting late for our little one and there is really nothing nearby. I was given a nice bundle of options. We found our room with no problem. After staying in a king suite on a recent trip, the room seemed small by comparison, but it was a typical Hampton Inn room. Comfy, clean...but LOUD! Oh my goodness! I could hear every shower turn on in the rooms around and over us, people walking, doors closing, people talking....Not used to a Hampton being so noisy. Breakfast was okay - typical unappetizing eggs, but again, with so many other choices, no one is going to starve! If we were to stay here again, I think i would opt for the king suite, just for the quiet factor. Also the rate was excellent - $77 on a Friday night. If you need to go to Northern VA/DC but dont need to stay right downtown, this would be a good option for the price! Also the italian restaurant right next door is EXCELLENT!!!! Super fast delivery too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights over the weekend and the hotel was fairly quiet. It looks brand new along with its neighbor. The room rate was $89 for a King Room, which is great for a Hampton Inn. The rooms were clean and comfortable. A good breakfast was included and Internet was fast and free. All this would make it a good choice, but what made these guys outstanding was the way they went above and beyond to help us make emergency repairs to our boat. Yep, they found us a space inside so that we could work on a 30 ft long racing shell overnight! Needless to say whenever we race again at the nearby Occoquan Reservoir we will be staying here. Outstanding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South? Share your experiences!