“Good value near Ft. Belvoir and Mount Vernon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Pizza Night
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good value near Ft. Belvoir and Mount Vernon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This stay was for a standard room. Cost was below Government per diem. Location is very close to Fort Belvoir and Mount Vernon. Also provide access to the George Washington Parkway for a stress free drive to Old Town Alexander. Not too far from Metro (parking required).

Standard hotel room. Refrigerator and microwave provided. Good walk in dual head shower. Good size bathroom. Free breakfast includes many choices including waffles, oatmeal, cereal fruit, etc.

To go south on Route 1 or to Mount Vernon a U-turn is required.

I had difficulty with the bathroom light (some kind of a touch sensitive device) but that may have been me.

I would stay here again..

Room Tip: I stayed in a low number room 101, 201, etc and had no road noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mpls, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The motel was clean, well maintained and smelled good. The staff was helpful and friendly. It's easy to find, but depending on the direction you're going and traffic, it could be difficult to get into. Our room was large and clean. The highlight of the room was the large work table that was on wheels and pulled out from under a narrow credenza. (We used it as a table to eat sandwiches on.) There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker, but we had to turn off the refrigerator due to a loud whining noise. The AC was also loud and kept turning off an on and we could hear people in the hallway. The beds were comfortable, but they creaked when we turned over. There were 35+ TV channels. The bath was clean. It was large and had a high sink.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We've stayed at several Hampton Inns and they have almost always satisfied our expectations. Clean room, comfortable beds, decent service. This was no exception. Some minor qualms though. The air conditioner is loud and turns on and off when you have it set to auto. So, every half hour or so, I was slightly awakened. On the plus side, they have a little pantry in the lobby that sells snacks and beer and other drinks. The pool looked fine, but I didn't get to try it out. Also, the continental breakfast was well received by everyone in my group.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
richmond,virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed there for Saturday night and Sunday, first weekend of August 2012. After a two plus hour to the hotel, with a small child in the car, most people can check into the hotel no matter what the time it may be. Sure, hotels lock their door at night, but usually a quick ring of the doorbell or a phone call to the front desk would solve the problem. After standing outside of the hotel for over an hour at around 2 a.m. Saturday morning, some guests were coming out so I went in to get my family checked in the hotel. While standing outside, my husband and I rang the doorbell. Repeatedly. Then we started to call the front desk from our cell phone because we figured maybe the doorbell wasn't working. Wrong. We called the hotel front desk from our cell phone. Then after I was able to have a guest let me in ( I was in uniform) I picked up the courtesy phone that is right next to the front desk which rings directly to the front desk. Still no answer. After the long wait, over one hour, we are now at around 3 a.m. The front desk person comes downstairs in the elevator and I ask her is she the only one here. She stated that she was. Afert explaining to her that we have been waiting to check in for over an hour, she tells me that she had to do her wine and beer tally sales. Hey that's her job no problem, but isn't part of that job to check people in, A bit of an attitude because I had voiced my displeasure at waiting outside for that long. We checked into our room, room 337 if I remember correctly. A king size bed was booked for this excursion. As soon as you enter the room, the mini kitchen area was there. And it covered in ants. Big ants, small ants. You name hte ant size and they were there. All around the mini fridge, light switch, floor, counter and some had gotten in the fridge. Considering that we needed the fridge to put our baby's bottles in the fridge and we wanted to sleep in the room without being carried away by ants, this was not an option to stay in this room. Called the front desk to the let them know of the ants. At first, I got a nice greeting over the phone. But after I explained that I was calling from the room that just checked in, there was no longer a happy sounding voice over phone. I let her know that the front area of the room was covered in ants. She did come upstairs quite promptly and saw that I was not exaggerating. We were then switched to room 402. Time now after 4 a.m. Same king size type room. Room was cleaner, sans ant colony. Spouse had to be at an obligatory meeting by 7 a.m. Needless to say, no sleep was had. The hotel is near a military installation so for families heading to drill, the location is good. Safeway supermarket is also nearby. Fast food places are plentiful. We did call the coroporate office to complain about our stay. Due to the long wait outside at 2 a.m, the unpleasant check in, the non apologetic front staff person, the ant party of the room, will not be staying in. Again. Oh and also, there were some people running around in the hall, but we were too tired to call the front desk to complain. Bathrooms are small, no ventilation within the small place. So you can either use the bathroom with the door close and stay trapped with shower steam or the aroma of bodily functions. Or you can leave the door open and fog up the only mirrored area in the room. Bed was big but the attempt to wash out some of the old blood stains on the flat sheet didn't help matters at all. Poor customer service or her attitude and only having one staff person in the hotel. Not all travelers can get to their destination within the usual check in hours.

Room Tip: A/C is loud at times. King size rooms are a good size. Room did have a large, thin flat screen t.v...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pataskala, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

When I booked this hotel I thought it was located closer to DC proper (there are two Hamptons on Rt 1 that come up in the Alexandria search). Due to a variety of odd circumstances I found myself trying to check in at 1:00 am. I had called to let them know I would be late arriving.
Toronda, the front desk person at this hotel, was MAGNIFICENT! She made sure I made it to the hotel I had actually booked and checked in with me both days of my stay to make sure I had everything I needed. She needs a raise, she embodies the spirit of customer service and really made the Hampton shine.

I was in a hearing impaired room on the fourth floor. It was heavenly! Lights on the doorbell, telephone, and the alarm clock worked just as expected. The shower and large bathroom were pristinely clean and double showerheads were an extra bonus! The Hampton beds were downy soft and yet supportive enough that my back did not complain even after spending a whole day taping and painting my friends' home.

The fridge was clean and cold, the microwave and iron worked perfectly. The AC pumped out frosty air without any weird smells you an sometimes get when you run it on high. The pool looked beautiful and clean, but limited access hours meant I could not use that amenity. Hampton: please Increase pool hours to include morning access. Parking was free and convenient. Free breakfast was also a nice perk.

The area is not a place I would walk around, but only because there is not much to see here. My friends were concerned about me being in this location as it is a more "ethnic" neighborhood. Frankly, everyone I met was kind and helpful and did not give me any flak for my WASPy whiteness. I felt completely safe and comfortable at all times.

HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone heading to the DC area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were on route to DC, and could not find a room in downtown for the Thursday night. Reserved a room with Hampton Inn - Alexandria South with Hotel.com. Found out that if you have CAA / AAA, the rate could be better if booking directly with the hotel. The front desk manager was very friendly and greeted every guest, even when they were returning to the hotel for the evening. She fixed our small issue with the room quickly by giving us another room (bigger in size). The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was hot and they replenished even when close to 10am. The only complaint is the opening hours of the swimming pool on weekdays from 5pm to 9pm. We missed the pool, and actually booked this hotel because of the proximity to DC and the pool for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The bed was great, good wifi, good bathroom. Everything was clean. The complimentary breakfast was good enough -- only apples for fresh fruit. So it's slightly above average, but there were truly no sweet surprises, which is would rate a 4. Parking was good too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South? Share your experiences!