I was well pleased with our stay at this Hampton Inn. It's pretty new, so it's in good shape. The hotel is a great location for visiting Mt. Vernon or Ft. Belvoir. However, it's not a great location for visiting DC. Additionally, there's not a lot of restaurants in close proximity to the hotel. If you want to go out to eat, you'll need to drive down the road a bit to a more strip-mall type area (Ruby Tuesday's, Starbucks, Cold Stone, etc). To get to this shopping area you have to drive through a not great part of Alexandria.
We reserved the 2 Queen Room Suite and it was HUGE! It has 2 beds and a pull-out sofa. My daughter was able to do cartwheels in the room without bumping into anything or anyone. During the week the lobby has freshly baked cookies, which were quite tasty. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was nice. They offered a waffle station, a various hot item (eggs, sausage gravy, biscuits, etc.), oatmeal with additions. They offer plenty of room for guests to eat: the main dining area and an overflow room. Some of the chairs were a little low for the tables.
The pool is somewhat of a quandary. They offer a lifeguard, which is an anomaly for most hotels. But because they offer a lifeguard, they limit the pool hours to only the time where the lifeguard is on duty. I think it would benefit them to offer a "no lifeguard on duty" time as well. The pool also offers something rarely seen in a hotel pool: handicap lift into the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites® Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., Fort Belvoir and historic Old Town Alexandria. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing indoor pool (Pool Hours Monday- Friday 5p-9p, Sat/Sun 11a-9p), 24-hour business center, and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South