“Great breakfast service from staff and food. big plus !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8843 Richmond Highway, Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area, Alexandria, VA 22309   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Family Fun Pizza Night
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great breakfast service from staff and food. big plus !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very nice hotel and friendly staff. great location very convinient. Would return.

Room Tip: found out that there's fitness room, laundry, and inside pool on 2nd floor so i guess its the be...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We got very lost on our way to the hotel. We rang and the gentleman at reception was really helpful. When we arrived, he also helped us order a pizza delivery directly to our room. The next day they helped us find Mount Vernon.

The room was big and the beds were comfortable; the complementary breakfast was good quality.

Old Town Alexandria was easily accessible from the hotel and was a great final location for our wonderful holiday around Washington.

For all the good things we can say about the hotel - and there are many - it is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff that really made the difference with this hotel. They were all great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is new and in good shape. Just a few issues I had included the loud air conditioner unit which woke me up almost every time it cycled on. Also the exhaust in the bathroom did not work so had a steamed up mirror for awhile. Another issue is the pool hours. During the week the pool is only open from 5-9 pm. On the weekends the hours are better, 11am-9pm. I guess they can't get a lifeguard to work during the week. Fairfax County requires lifeguards at all public pools. Other than these issues, the breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. There are no restaurants within walking distance but not far by car. There is a 7-11 around the corner from the hotel.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My wife and I spent one night in order to get an early visit to Mt. Vernon the next day. Although we only spent one night, it was a pleasure to spend this night in a brand new Hampton Inn.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We just got home from a wonderful trip to this Hampton Inn. We enjoyed everything about it. The location is perfect, just a short drive from the D.C. attractions and around the corner from Mt. Vernon. The desk attendants were kind, helpful, and informative. Our suite was spacious, with plenty of room for our family. The room was clean. The breakfast was excellent and got us off to a great start for a day of sightseeing. Those serving the meal were very kind. They even have a lifeguard at the indoor pool, something I have not seen before.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sofabed are very nice and spacious for a family.
Jefferson, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

The Hampton Inn @ Mt. Vernon is totally adequate. After being at the Hampton at Dulles - perhaps my standards were too high. The one there is as if it is brand new - gorgeous bathrooms and rooms.

Here:

The rooms are clean.
The bathrooms are clean.
The staff is nice enough.
The breakfast is as expected (the exact same as other Hamptons).

The location is totally sketchy.
The internet is not great - in and out, and off for a whole night - when I called the front desk to ask about it - I was on hold for more than 10 minutes - and then brushed off "yes we know we're working on it" click.
The staff is hit or miss - some are super polite - others not so much.

Not being from this area - I didn't know that this hotel wasn't IN Alexandria - there are two other Hamptons that are... I would stay at one of those next time. The road (about 7 miles) between the hotel and Alexandria goes through some pretty rough areas and has tons of stop lights - it takes about 30 minutes to get into Alexandria.

Once you're there - Alexandria is BEAUTIFUL - walk down Kings St to the water - so so pretty.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the other Hamptons...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our family of 5 (12 mo, 5 yr, and 8 yr old kids) planned a trip to the D.C. area for a vacation and history lesson.

Our experience with the hotel staff started the morning of our arrival. I called to confirm our reservation, to make them aware of our very late check-in, and to make sure they had a crib available. I was told everything looked good and the crib was already in the room. This was a great start.

We arrived around 2:00am. I found the front desk person to be much more awake than I was. He got me checked in very quickly and asked a few questions to find out why we were in town and how he could help.

Each morning, we were greeted by the front desk person as we passed to get breakfast. We found fresh fruit, 2 cooked items (we saw scrambled eggs, 2 kinds of sausage, hash browns), muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, and cereal. The staff in the breakfast area were just as friendly as everyone else we had seen so far. One gentleman assured my 12 month old that it was fine for him to make a mess because he was there to clean.

Every staff member we encountered including the cleaning folks in the hallway always greeted us. They were much better than what you usually find. This may only be a 2.5 star hotel, but the staff don't know that.

The room wasn't overly big, but it fit the 5 of us just fine. There was a microwave, fridge, coffee pot, and desk. It was perfectly clean when we arrived and each evening when we returned. I loved the pillows. I need to find one for myself like that. My wife loved the mattress. My kids were so exhausted at the day's end, I don't think they cared one way or another.

I would not recommend this hotel if you plan on using public transit for getting into D.C. There wasn't a Metro terminal anywhere close by. The hotel does operate a van to get you there but it doesn't run on the weekends. We needed a car seat for our 12 mo old so that wasn't an option for us anyway. We always drove into town and parked in one of the many parking garages. We paid $10-$11 for parking. There are plenty of places that charge more but you can shop it and find the lower prices. There are apps for your smartphone that help direct you to the best parking garages. Parking is free at the hotel.

I was a bit disappointed in the restaurant selection close to the hotel. Within 5-10 minutes you can find anything you want but you do have to drive.

There was an exercise room, laundry, and pool. We did not use any of these so I can't comment on them. I can say the pool is not open all the time. Another reviewer on here suggested this is because they are required to have a lifeguard. I'm guessing the schedule revolves around the lifeguard's schedule.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South? Share your experiences!