“Spacious for a large family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Bristol, Vermont
“Spacious for a large family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We were trying to find a hotel that was affordable, but still clean and nice. We have kids ages 12, 11 and 9 years old. Our family of 5 stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. The sofa isn't great for sleeping on, too hard. We brought our own blow-up mattress and my son slept on that. The room was very nice and we were right next to the pool. The pool is heated and the kids loved it. It is a small pool, but each night we were the only ones in it and it was great. They have a lifeguard on duty all the time. There is any resturant you can think up up the road from the hotel. After a day in DC we just came back and ate dinner up the road. There is a Target too. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet every morning was very good. They had a make your own waffle bar that the kids loved. I would stay here again. The drive into DC from the hotel was only 20 minutes. The first day we took the subway and that took 40 minutes, so I would drive in to DC everyday if I were to do it again. Also, parking around the Washington Monument is free on the weekend. The hotel also has free parking.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Eastpointe, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I were attending a family members wedding in D.C. and had the pleasure of staying at the Spring Hill Suites on Richmond Highway in Alexandria VA . The rooms were clean and updated. The mattress was very comfortable and the complimentary breakfast with hot and cold cereal to eggs and meat was great. The only negative issue I had with the room was that there is no dresser to put clothes in if you are having an extended stay which we did. We stayed 3 days and had to basically live out of our suitcases. But back to the many positives of this place... Everyone on the staff was very friendly and despite a language barrier with two of the workers, they made an effort to understand and were very willing to help and courteous to us. But the most pleasant was a young lady named Lani who was working the desk. She did not just do her job robotically as many hotel workers do, but she did it with a smile and genuine friendly attitude. She was very polite, charming, helpful and pleasant to my wife and I. She was also like this with any other guests we saw her speaking to. I cannot say enough about her. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

We loved this hotel. The staff was super friendly helpful. Rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable. Good breakfast, nice lounge area and great pool and workout room. We came here with our 3 kids and it was easy to get into the city via metro for sightseeing. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have practically been living at this property for the past 6 months and have never witnessed or experienced rude staff. I have witnessed rude and arrogant customers who would test the limits of any person. The staff has always been very professional. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the breakfast area clean and well maintained and the evening staff who I mainly deal with is polite and offer good advice on local eateries and directions. Anyone having an encounter with the staff I have dealt with might do well to check their own behavior.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was traveling to DC with 4 of my children without my husband. I was looking for a hotel with free breakfast that could accommodate 5 in one room, that didn't break the bank. This hotel definitely delivered. My GPS said it was 20 minutes to Union Station, although it usually took longer due to traffic. but I don't think we could have asked for a better location. I decided to drive into Washington DC each day because we were visiting family and friends each evening after site seeing. The hotel was very clean, offered free parking, and the free breakfast. My kids, aged 11-14 were thrilled with the breakfast because they got eggs, bacon or sausage, make your own waffle station, yogurt, fruit, english muffins, bagels, and cereal each morning. We had no problems with check in or check out. The only reason I didn't give it a 5, is because there wasn't a dresser in the room to store clothes, so we had to live out of our suitcases. Also, even though the room serves 5 each day they only left 3 sets of bath linens. I had to keep going to the front desk to get extras each night, but since our room was right next to the lobby it wasn't too far. My kids keep asking to go back because the beds were so comfortable. I let them have the beds and slept on the couch without pulling it out-it was very comfortable. Also, great water pressure in the shower. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We just left this location today. The rooms are very large and the arrangement is good with a sitting area and desk somewhat divided from the beds. The pool, hot tub and breakfast were great. I must say that the building is not very quiet. I was getting coffee and could hear my kids running down the hall above. I could hear the people above us, and the microwave in the room next door. It would not deter me from staying again as any hotel can be noisy, but the construction is not as sound deadening as most hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Lexington, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stopped @ this hotel as a quick side trip on the way home to Tn after a 2week stay in Maine. I arrived to check in @ around 8pm. The night staff on duty left a bit to be desired. When i asked for info for the next day about getting to Washington, the young man handed me one brochure and said "if the maps not in this then we dont have it", then he turn around and left. The next morning though i went to the different young man on duty and he was EXTREMELY helpful! He gave us several maps and metro guides & made sure we knew exactly where we needed to go, he called the shuttle to pick us up the moment we requested it. Breakfast was great, breakfast area was kept exceptionally tidy and well stocked. The shuttle driver was very pleasant and infomational. Therefore my only minor complaint is the inexperienced night duty guy. Otherwise a great modern, clean hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!