“xmas vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Ottawa, Canada
“xmas vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights Dec 2013. Nice, new, modern. Decent and sufficient for the mid range price we paid. Breakfast is ok, no extras there but decent.
Pool working but hours were limited. Beds were comfortable but a bit too soft for my preference. Close to the highway. Night staff need some training as she was not able to answer any of our qs about Washington DC. Morning staff was very helpful though.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our convenient location is the perfect place to stay during the holiday season. Thank you for your compliments regarding our modern decor and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your exchange with our evening staff. Your concerns are important to us and we aim to make each visit memorable for all of our guest. We hope that you'll visit us again soon.

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed two nights to attend an event at the Gaylord National in National Harbor. The staff that we encountered were very nice. Our room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the pillows were niceas well. The bathroom area was also extremely clean and the shower had great water pressure. They offer nice toiletries, including a gel body wash, which I thought was really nice to have instead of bar soap. Our room faced the highway, but there wasn't any noticeable traffic noise. The fan for the heating/cooling unit was pretty noisy when it came on overnight. It woke me up almost every time and it ran less than a minute, so I'm not really sure what its story was. It didn't come on at all the 2nd night, so my night's sleep was better that night.

The hotel has very convenient access to National Harbor. It was less than 10 minutes to drive there. They have free breakfast - it consists of your standard free breakfast items. One nice thing was a waffle maker.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I would stay there again for sure. It's convenient location, cleanliness, and good price make it an excellent option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor following your recent stay here at the Spring Hill Suites. We are delighted to read your review and it gives us great pleasure to know that we could fulfill your expectations. Our location is perfect for a visit to National Harbor as well as a few other nearby places to shop and dine. Thank you for your compliments on our spacious suites and we hope that you'll visit us again soon.
Spanish Fork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at this location from December 25th, 2013 to January 2nd, 2014. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Occasionally we heard the traffic outside, but it was not overwhelming. One day the heater was out in the pool, and that was a disappointment to my 11-yr-old. However, each evening when we returned to the room, we found the cleaning personnel had arranged my daughter's stuffed animals in a different and cute way on the bed. Very satisfied with the location, convenience, comfort and reasonable price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Delighted that you were able to stay with us for about a week during the holiday season as our convenient location offers several attractions nearby. I hope that with a stay of this length you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities as well. We apologize for any disturbances you experienced during your stay and hope that you will be visiting us again soon. Thank you.
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a really new, attractive SpringHill suites property on a good, convenient location just south of the beltway and on the very commercial Richmond Highway. It's about 15 minutes to Mount Vernon and has plenty of shopping, groceries, big box stores and restaurants close by. The staff and management are really helpful, available and welcoming. The size of the suites feels to me to to be a bit on the small size with barely enough room around the bed to walk. But the divided room, the L shaped sofa with sofabed pullout and the tv screen that swivels from bedroom to sittin room is pretty cool. The suite has a microwave and small fridge and sink plus this hotel offers a decent complimentary breakfast. The decor is all new and tastefully done with a convenient desk and functional good lighting everywhere.

It's so easy to park here which is unusual for this close in to DC in No. Va. The best rooms are the two queen bed suites in my opinion, and the nicer view is in the back of the hotel facing woods and a single home development. The front side is a big divided Richmond Highway with a lot of traffic lights.

If you love new and super clean, modern, and you are ok with the typical hotel a.m. morning breakfast fare and what convenience and outstanding pricing for the condition and location, this might be just the one. You could get 4 people in this room comfortably. Long term stays more than 5 consecutive nights often get an extra good deal.

Our only criticisms are minor and might only apply to the room we occupied... whenever the tv was on and we also turned on the microwave, the tv would shut off. As soon as the microwave stopped, the tv came back on. The front desk assured me that they would take care of this, but it was surprising for such a new property. In addition, the wifi connection on the fourth floor was very weak. We kept having to log back in every few minutes or so - very feisty and low signal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter and parking is directly below with a back door keyed entrance.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We genuinely appreciate all of the compliments you shared regarding the Spring Hill Suites.It is always a pleasure knowing that we are able to make anyones stay a memorable experience. Our staff takes great pride in our ability to make each guest as comfortable as possible while doing anything we can to make the day run smoothly. Although it is common for us to receive such positive feedback we are always excited to hear what are guests have to say. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay in your suite and are continuously pushing to enhance the quality of our service as well as our appearance. We hope that you will visit again soon so that you may enjoy our modern suites, complimentary amenities, and convenient location once more.We hope to see you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I truly believe that if one is in the hospitality business it does not matter if you work at the front desk, clean the rooms, or if you are the life guard everyone in the hotel should treat their customers with the highest respect and make the customers stay experience absolute fantastic. Unfortunately, this is not what I got from Hector the life guard today. After check-in today, I took my kids to the pool, when we arrived Hector whistle me like I am some sort of animal to grab my attention and said don’t take those towels their not yours. Now understand the towels he was referring were for the customers to take, which I could not understand why he would not want us to take them. Finally he said in a demining way that if I want towels I must ask him first, which to my surprise he open this door where he kept the rest of the towels on the floor, when I saw all those them I simple stated that he should place all those towels on the rack for any of the customer to take them but he disregards my advice. I this point I had enough arguing for pool towels so I went straight to the front desks to complaint but they could not do anything Hector is not Marriot employees but a contractor. Look, I always prefer Marriott hotels because of their upstanding hospitality but this time I am completed unsatisfied with the service I received. You make your own decision; I already made my not to ever come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room are quiet
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Any concerns that our guests may have are very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the unfavorable experience you had with our pool attendant during your stay. Here at Spring Hill Suites we make every effort to ensure that each guest is pleased with the quality of service they receive throughout their stay. We are presently in the process of making improvements in all areas of concern. Thank you for choosing the Spring Hill Suites and we hope to see you again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for a three day weekend while visiting DC to sightsee. The hotel wasn't hard to find and was modern and very nicely furnished. We were pretty jazzed to stay there. UNTIL...we discovered there was a group of Jr. High school kids that were staying there as well in the rooms right next to ours. Commence bumping, crashing, yelling, thudding etc. Complained to the front desk (and I have to say they were just terrific I DO NOT BLAME THE STAFF AT ALL) and they immediately tried to rectify the problem but couldn't locate the chaperones so they went to the room and told the kids to shut it down which they did. Went into DC for dinner and returned late and what do my disbelieving ears hear? The kids next door? Oh no. Now we had the Extended Family Clan staying across the hall from us which consisted of approximately 6 young children, baby mama, baby daddy and granny staying in three rooms. I watched them run in and out so I know how many rooms they were in. The kids had obviously never stayed anywhere that manners were required as they literally ran the halls until two in the morning! Another complaint to the front desk and they absolutely addressed the problem but I have to say there is no cure for ignorant behavior and the incessant running, giggling, screaming and door slamming was ridiculous. All in all it would have been a lovely vacation but unfortunately you don't get to pick your neighbors. Needless to say trying to get some breakfast the next morning was an exercise in futility and I ate once we got into the city. The shuttle was prompt and we had no problems in that area.

Room Tip: Just check to see who else is staying on that floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your compliments in relation to our modern decor and convenient location. Spring Hill Suites is the perfect hotel to stay in for guests who choose to sightsee and visit some of the many attractions our area has to offer. Our most sincere apologies for any negative experiences you had during your stay. Our staff takes great pride in our efforts to make each guest as comfortable as possible and look forward to the next opportunity to accomodate any needs you may have in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nice Newer Hotel. Free WiFi, Breakfast and parking. Nothing exciting.
Cannot walk to anywhere from here--must use car. 2+ miles from OLD TOWN. Movie theatre very close by car.

Breakfast is a struggle with all the people--even when only 60% booked while we were there.

Rooms were nice but not outstanding. Had a Best Western feel to it.

Priceline fast deal for $54.

Room Tip: Higher Floors away from train tracks. There are NO VIEWS of anything other than parking garage. Gr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your comments, and feedback.

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!