“Great price & convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Pittsburgh
“Great price & convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed two nights to attend an event at the Gaylord National in National Harbor. The staff that we encountered were very nice. Our room was very clean, the beds were comfortable, and the pillows were niceas well. The bathroom area was also extremely clean and the shower had great water pressure. They offer nice toiletries, including a gel body wash, which I thought was really nice to have instead of bar soap. Our room faced the highway, but there wasn't any noticeable traffic noise. The fan for the heating/cooling unit was pretty noisy when it came on overnight. It woke me up almost every time and it ran less than a minute, so I'm not really sure what its story was. It didn't come on at all the 2nd night, so my night's sleep was better that night.

The hotel has very convenient access to National Harbor. It was less than 10 minutes to drive there. They have free breakfast - it consists of your standard free breakfast items. One nice thing was a waffle maker.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience. I would stay there again for sure. It's convenient location, cleanliness, and good price make it an excellent option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Spanish Fork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at this location from December 25th, 2013 to January 2nd, 2014. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Occasionally we heard the traffic outside, but it was not overwhelming. One day the heater was out in the pool, and that was a disappointment to my 11-yr-old. However, each evening when we returned to the room, we found the cleaning personnel had arranged my daughter's stuffed animals in a different and cute way on the bed. Very satisfied with the location, convenience, comfort and reasonable price.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a really new, attractive SpringHill suites property on a good, convenient location just south of the beltway and on the very commercial Richmond Highway. It's about 15 minutes to Mount Vernon and has plenty of shopping, groceries, big box stores and restaurants close by. The staff and management are really helpful, available and welcoming. The size of the suites feels to me to to be a bit on the small size with barely enough room around the bed to walk. But the divided room, the L shaped sofa with sofabed pullout and the tv screen that swivels from bedroom to sittin room is pretty cool. The suite has a microwave and small fridge and sink plus this hotel offers a decent complimentary breakfast. The decor is all new and tastefully done with a convenient desk and functional good lighting everywhere.

It's so easy to park here which is unusual for this close in to DC in No. Va. The best rooms are the two queen bed suites in my opinion, and the nicer view is in the back of the hotel facing woods and a single home development. The front side is a big divided Richmond Highway with a lot of traffic lights.

If you love new and super clean, modern, and you are ok with the typical hotel a.m. morning breakfast fare and what convenience and outstanding pricing for the condition and location, this might be just the one. You could get 4 people in this room comfortably. Long term stays more than 5 consecutive nights often get an extra good deal.

Our only criticisms are minor and might only apply to the room we occupied... whenever the tv was on and we also turned on the microwave, the tv would shut off. As soon as the microwave stopped, the tv came back on. The front desk assured me that they would take care of this, but it was surprising for such a new property. In addition, the wifi connection on the fourth floor was very weak. We kept having to log back in every few minutes or so - very feisty and low signal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter and parking is directly below with a back door keyed entrance.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I truly believe that if one is in the hospitality business it does not matter if you work at the front desk, clean the rooms, or if you are the life guard everyone in the hotel should treat their customers with the highest respect and make the customers stay experience absolute fantastic. Unfortunately, this is not what I got from Hector the life guard today. After check-in today, I took my kids to the pool, when we arrived Hector whistle me like I am some sort of animal to grab my attention and said don’t take those towels their not yours. Now understand the towels he was referring were for the customers to take, which I could not understand why he would not want us to take them. Finally he said in a demining way that if I want towels I must ask him first, which to my surprise he open this door where he kept the rest of the towels on the floor, when I saw all those them I simple stated that he should place all those towels on the rack for any of the customer to take them but he disregards my advice. I this point I had enough arguing for pool towels so I went straight to the front desks to complaint but they could not do anything Hector is not Marriot employees but a contractor. Look, I always prefer Marriott hotels because of their upstanding hospitality but this time I am completed unsatisfied with the service I received. You make your own decision; I already made my not to ever come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room are quiet
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for a three day weekend while visiting DC to sightsee. The hotel wasn't hard to find and was modern and very nicely furnished. We were pretty jazzed to stay there. UNTIL...we discovered there was a group of Jr. High school kids that were staying there as well in the rooms right next to ours. Commence bumping, crashing, yelling, thudding etc. Complained to the front desk (and I have to say they were just terrific I DO NOT BLAME THE STAFF AT ALL) and they immediately tried to rectify the problem but couldn't locate the chaperones so they went to the room and told the kids to shut it down which they did. Went into DC for dinner and returned late and what do my disbelieving ears hear? The kids next door? Oh no. Now we had the Extended Family Clan staying across the hall from us which consisted of approximately 6 young children, baby mama, baby daddy and granny staying in three rooms. I watched them run in and out so I know how many rooms they were in. The kids had obviously never stayed anywhere that manners were required as they literally ran the halls until two in the morning! Another complaint to the front desk and they absolutely addressed the problem but I have to say there is no cure for ignorant behavior and the incessant running, giggling, screaming and door slamming was ridiculous. All in all it would have been a lovely vacation but unfortunately you don't get to pick your neighbors. Needless to say trying to get some breakfast the next morning was an exercise in futility and I ate once we got into the city. The shuttle was prompt and we had no problems in that area.

Room Tip: Just check to see who else is staying on that floor.
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nice Newer Hotel. Free WiFi, Breakfast and parking. Nothing exciting.
Cannot walk to anywhere from here--must use car. 2+ miles from OLD TOWN. Movie theatre very close by car.

Breakfast is a struggle with all the people--even when only 60% booked while we were there.

Rooms were nice but not outstanding. Had a Best Western feel to it.

Priceline fast deal for $54.

Room Tip: Higher Floors away from train tracks. There are NO VIEWS of anything other than parking garage. Gr...
Allen Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I found the hotel very clean and they had a very good breaksfast with many choices. It is a more modern deco which was refreshing. The staff was very helpful except for one person on the evening shift, she never rode the Metro and could not help us. The next morning the day staff was much more helpful. We did have one problem with the shuttle driver on the second night being very late picking us up at the Metro but the management comped us with something from the snack selection which was nice. I would recomend this hotel to anyone traveling to sight see Washington DC. It was convenient to the Metro station.

Room Tip: I would have like to be on the second floor because the people above us was a little loud. Also dow...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!