“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Rochester
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I checked into this hotel on Saturday, 8/17 for 6 nights with my 2 kids ages 10 and 13. We got a beautiful king room with a separate sitting area that had a pull out couch. Plenty of room for the 3 of us and never felt cramped. Our room also had a refrigerator, microwave and separate sink to allow to keep snacks in our room. The free daily breakfast was outstanding and included many different choices including: scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk. My kids jumped out of bed every morning, because they were so exvited for breakfast! Every staff member at the hotel was extremely kind and helpful! Even a maintenance man struck up a conversation with my daughter shortly after we arrived and remembered her every time he saw her and asked her about the cool things she saw in DC. We did used the pool and hot tub and were quite surprised to see a lifeguard on duty. We did not take advantage of the free shuttle service that was offered to us. We chose to drive into DC on our own or drove to nearby Crystal City and took the metro from there. The fares from the local Huntington station are significantly higher than from other stations. For instance, an off peak roundtrip fare from Huntington to Smithsonian is $7.50 and it's only $5.50 from Crystal City. Your other options would be to buy an unlimited day pass for $14.00 or an unlimited weekly pass for $57.00. Please note that parking in DC is free on on weekends, so it's more economical to drive yourself on those days. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive to DC and about 5 minutes to drive to Old Town Alexandria. There are several stores and restaurants close by, but they're not in walking distance because the hotel is on a main road. This location is a great alternative to staying in the city. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting the area. On a side note: this hotel participates with Priceline and we got an amazing deal...less than 50% off the rack rate!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Spring Hill Suites is the perfect location for families on the go and we are thrilled you made the right choice. We are also happy to hear that you and your family had a pleasant experience throughout your stay and were able to enjoy our modern decor suites as well as the outstanding amenities we have to offer. We thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Blairsville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I haven't even spent the night yet and already I can say it was excellent. I had some confusion with my reservation and due to Morgan's kindness, patience, and being clearly spoken I can say that I will enjoy this stay (Maybe even extend my stay).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The comments provided by our guests help us to constantly enhance the quality service we strive to provide. We look forward to creating a memorable experience for you throughout your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay! The front desk was very helpful, especially Tori. She provided very useful information about the metro, Smithsonian, and monuments.
The rooms are large and easily held our family comfortably (3 kids 2 adults). Breakfast was good and lots of it.
This is a very good place to stay, the price is right, the location is great and the staff is awesome. Go there!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

All of your kind words are genuinely appreciated. We are happy to hear that you and your family were comfortable in our modern decor suites throughout your stay. We always encourage our guests to take full advantage of all the amenities Spring Hill Suites has to offer and are pleased to know you had the opportunity to do so. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First, the staff was fantastic. The front desk associate, Estella, helped me more I ever expected. She was able to check me in early (even though I said I could wait as my plane got in way earlier than stated). She then provided excellent information on how to easily get into DC and how to use the Metro. Without her help, I wouldn't have had the great day exploring that I did. The breakfast was okay but I never have high expectations with a free breakfast in hotels. The room was fantastic. I love the setup and everything was very nice. This is not my first stay at a Springhill and their modern-style rooms are one of the reasons I stay with them. The shuttle was great in the morning hours to the Metro, but like someone else, I did wait a bit in the evening. But there were others waiting with me so I felt a bit safer. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our staff here at Spring Hill Suites is delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you took advantage of some amenities we have to offer. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in relation to the shuttle and are constantly working on enhancing the quality of service delivered to each guest. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Millersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Kudos to Mr. Rick Lutchman, General Manager, for a warm welcome, professional disposition and smooth check-in. The staff is very friendly and made me feel at home. Kudos to the cleaning staff. When I walked into my room, it was nicely decorated and very clean. You all do an outstanding job cleaning the suites and you also made me feel at home. Kudos and thanks breakfast staff for the awesome breakfast each morning. A front desk staff gave me information on places to eat and shop. I love to shop. I also enjoyed my time at the pool. Check-out is 12:00, I checked out at 11:45. I think you all get the message, I did not want to go home. I felt at home. Kudos and thanks to you, Ms. Estela for your smile and a smooth check-out.
Parker

Room Tip: I always request the top floor. Just don't care to have people above me and it's much quiete...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We genuinely appreciate all of your kind words in regards to your stay. It gives us great pleasure knowing that all our efforts to provide comfort and quality service are difficult to ignore. It is also a priority to us to continue to find new and improved ways to enhance our quality of service. We are looking forward to the opportunity to make your next experience as memorable as the last. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The room was very nice and the hotel was clean and accommodating. A shuttlecock the Metro is available weekdays until 10 pm.The shuttle ran on time in the morning, but kept us waiting at the Metro stop for over 25 minutes each evening.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to know that you enjoyed our modern decor and amenities. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay as we are in the process of making improvements. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Girard, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our DC trip which included ourselves and our 2 teenagers. This hotel was perfect for us. The suite had 2 queen sized beds as well as a pull out couch that could have slept 2. Our room had a microwave, fridge, sink and eating area. The sink was separate from the shower/toilet. This was convenient in that someone could get ready while another was showering. The room and bathroom was extremely clean and we had enough space to easily move around one another with all our belongings too. I also liked that the A/C had a thermostat so that even though it ran frequently, it wasn't on constantly.This is not a luxury hotel, it's more family oriented, but it truly deserves a perfect rating for the quality of the room, the free breakfast and the very friendly and helpful staff. A shuttle bus is provided to get one to the nearest subway station and there is free parking and Internet. We decided to extend our stay one extra night and had to take a king suite rather than 2 queens. But before we (re)checked in, they looked for cancellations and got us the 2 queens. We will most definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. Delighted to hear that you and your family were comfortable and had the opportunity to become familiar with a few of our amenities. Spring Hill Suites is the perfect hotel for a family get away. Thank you for all of your compliments and we look forward to your return.

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!