“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First, the staff was fantastic. The front desk associate, Estella, helped me more I ever expected. She was able to check me in early (even though I said I could wait as my plane got in way earlier than stated). She then provided excellent information on how to easily get into DC and how to use the Metro. Without her help, I wouldn't have had the great day exploring that I did. The breakfast was okay but I never have high expectations with a free breakfast in hotels. The room was fantastic. I love the setup and everything was very nice. This is not my first stay at a Springhill and their modern-style rooms are one of the reasons I stay with them. The shuttle was great in the morning hours to the Metro, but like someone else, I did wait a bit in the evening. But there were others waiting with me so I felt a bit safer. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our staff here at Spring Hill Suites is delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that you took advantage of some amenities we have to offer. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in relation to the shuttle and are constantly working on enhancing the quality of service delivered to each guest. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Millersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Kudos to Mr. Rick Lutchman, General Manager, for a warm welcome, professional disposition and smooth check-in. The staff is very friendly and made me feel at home. Kudos to the cleaning staff. When I walked into my room, it was nicely decorated and very clean. You all do an outstanding job cleaning the suites and you also made me feel at home. Kudos and thanks breakfast staff for the awesome breakfast each morning. A front desk staff gave me information on places to eat and shop. I love to shop. I also enjoyed my time at the pool. Check-out is 12:00, I checked out at 11:45. I think you all get the message, I did not want to go home. I felt at home. Kudos and thanks to you, Ms. Estela for your smile and a smooth check-out.
Parker

Room Tip: I always request the top floor. Just don't care to have people above me and it's much quiete...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We genuinely appreciate all of your kind words in regards to your stay. It gives us great pleasure knowing that all our efforts to provide comfort and quality service are difficult to ignore. It is also a priority to us to continue to find new and improved ways to enhance our quality of service. We are looking forward to the opportunity to make your next experience as memorable as the last. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The room was very nice and the hotel was clean and accommodating. A shuttlecock the Metro is available weekdays until 10 pm.The shuttle ran on time in the morning, but kept us waiting at the Metro stop for over 25 minutes each evening.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy to know that you enjoyed our modern decor and amenities. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you experienced throughout your stay as we are in the process of making improvements. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Girard, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our DC trip which included ourselves and our 2 teenagers. This hotel was perfect for us. The suite had 2 queen sized beds as well as a pull out couch that could have slept 2. Our room had a microwave, fridge, sink and eating area. The sink was separate from the shower/toilet. This was convenient in that someone could get ready while another was showering. The room and bathroom was extremely clean and we had enough space to easily move around one another with all our belongings too. I also liked that the A/C had a thermostat so that even though it ran frequently, it wasn't on constantly.This is not a luxury hotel, it's more family oriented, but it truly deserves a perfect rating for the quality of the room, the free breakfast and the very friendly and helpful staff. A shuttle bus is provided to get one to the nearest subway station and there is free parking and Internet. We decided to extend our stay one extra night and had to take a king suite rather than 2 queens. But before we (re)checked in, they looked for cancellations and got us the 2 queens. We will most definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. Delighted to hear that you and your family were comfortable and had the opportunity to become familiar with a few of our amenities. Spring Hill Suites is the perfect hotel for a family get away. Thank you for all of your compliments and we look forward to your return.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We choose DC as our family vacation this year and stayed here over the 4th of July for 4 nights. The room was wonderful, very spacious and nicely decorated. The staff was very helpful and friendly, always happy to help out with anything we needed. Good breakfast in the morning, lots of variety. My only negative would be the pool, it was small and the hours are odd because there has to be someone on duty so it wasn't open until 5pm during the week but 10am on weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your compliments regarding our modern decor suites, complimentary breakfast, and staff. Spring Hill Suites is a great selection for family vacations. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay as we are in the process of making improvements. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
State Road, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a fairly new hotel in the heart of the commerial business district. Good for travelers or if you have a car do not mind driving a few minutes to get to dinner and entertainment.

The place is decked out nice and was exceptionally clean. The rooms are spacious and give a nice work desk and couch to relax on. I found it an enjoyable place.

If I had to find a fault it was that the breakfast area was so busy that I gave up trying to eat there. Instead I found nice little place downtown that served a super breakfast with great coffee.

Room Tip: We spent 1 whole day just laying on the big L-shaped couch relaxing. Wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It pleases us to know that you were comfortable throughout your stay and enjoyed our modern decor suites. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with breakfast and are confident that the enhancements we are in the process of making would be more appropriate. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently attended a conference in Alexandria, Virginia requiring me to stay for 3 nights. The conference was located close to Route 1, so I chose Spring Hill Suites, because it would be close and also because it received good reviews on Trip Advisor. I wasn't disappointed. My room was a queen suite with a large television that could be viewed from either the bed or the "living area". The room also had a small fridge and microwave. I especially liked using the fitness center that contained 2 elliptical machines as well as treadmills and weights. There was also a pool that I didn't use. The breakfast was exceptional for a chain, offering hot entrees as well as delicious fresh fruit. The hotel also offered a shuttle to "Old Town" Alexandria. Between certain hours they would take you and pick you up. The price was $143 per night with a AAA discount. One of the conference attendees told me she stayed in downtown "Old Town" and paid $99 per night. I didn't ask her what hotel it was or what she thought of it, but the rate for Spring Hill shouldn't have been that much higher, given the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our modern style suites and took advantage of a few amenities Spring Hill Suites has to offer. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us.

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!