“Over the top and outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Augusta, Georgia
“Over the top and outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My adult daughter and I stayed here for an overnight to set us up for a day trip into the city of D.C. We had a very pleasant greeting when we walked in and were practically given a tour of this modern sleek looking place. Our room was adequately cooled when we walked in and we were amazed at the spaciousness of it. There was a very nice, modern looking pull out couch, and an extra sink at the entry side of the room for making coffee or tea. There was also a fridge here. The computer center was by the couch and screened off from the bed and TV area. TV was brand new flat screen with the channel info in the booklet by the computer station. There were tiny bullet lights over each bed - very nice for late reading with another person in the room. The towels were fluffy and in good condition. We had shampoo and conditioner, hand lotion and shower gel, plus two bars of soap and a hygiene pad for cleaning off makeup. The only thing missing was a suitcase rack - unless I missed it in the huge closet that was over by the window. All light bulbs worked and there were plenty of electrical outlets throughout the room. The carpeting looked great and everything was very clean and fresh.
Near the elevator is a business center with two computers and printers for the guests' use.
Breakfast was excellent with all the usual buffet items including waffles, bagles, toast, very good muffins, cold and hot cereal, heaps of bacon, egg patties, orange juice, bananas and apples, jam, cream cheese, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. There were several groups of youth there but the food was replenished all morning long, without having to ask.
The pool opened at 5PM on weekdays. It isn't a large pool but the hot tub was really nice. There is a lifeguard on duty, which I think is Virginia law.
The free shuttle service was always ready to take us to Huntington Metro Station. They were very prompt and friendly and came to get us as soon as we called them when we got back. The manager made sure we had their business card with the phone number with us for our return shuttle request.
I was really impressed with our stay here - we felt very safe and had no trouble locating the place. It sure gave an upscale feel and I hope we will be able to visit again. Thanks so much for your outstanding service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, November 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. Our entire staff is committed to creating memorable experience for each guest and we are delighted to have had the opportunity to provide you with the quality customer service you deserve. All of your compliments in relation to our staff member, modern suites, complimentary amenities, and convenient location are greatly appreciated. Please visit with us again soon. We are looking forward to seeing you and your daughter again. Thank you for staying at Springhill Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I am currently staying in this hotel. I had requested for a quiet room, but they gave me a room near to the swimming pool and faced the main road. The pool is supposed to be closed at 10 pm. It is now 11 pm but they don't enforce the rule despite my complaint to the front desk. The wall is very thin. You can hear the guests next door speaking.
The hotel is new. If they had handled my request well and I could get a quiet room, I will easily give it a 5. But they have messed up my sleep and my preferance for a quiet room.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't ask for room 202
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, and feedback on your recent stay with us. I regret your stay was not satisfactory, I will admit that every hotel in our area was sold out due to the Girls Scouts, and room 202 was selected for you because it was at the end of the hall to avoid foot traffic, and other guest walking pass your room. I was surprise to learn that you mentioned noise from the pool, since the pool is located on a different floor to your room. I do hope you will reconsider, and give us another oppertunity to serve you in the future. I encourgae you to contact me directly, so I can offer you something more accomodating for your next visit to our area.
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here the week before my daughter's Alexandria wedding and before the rest of my family and friends arrived. From beginning to find my way around Northern Va. to the wedding weekend, the location proved to be perfect. The hotel itself was beautifully maintained and impeccably clean. The staff was constantly busy keeping everything spotless! Carlos and David were exceptionally helpful with answering questions and offering every help in assisting the family and friends as they arrived. The rehearsal dinner was held in one of the conference rooms and it worked perfectly for visitors to get acquainted in this comfortable environment. Having the bridal party and family and friends feeling so comfortable, safe and content meant alot to all of us. With very spacious rooms for the bride and bridesmaids to dress, it is a perfect place to make wedding memories. I will most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the D.C. area. Thank you Carlos and staff for everything!

Room Tip: The handicap room was MORE than adequate and spacious for my 90+yr. old parents and they were very h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is an absolute delight to learn that you as well as your family and friends enjoyed your visit here at Springhill Suites. Each staff member is determined to create a memorable experiences for every guest and we are thrilled we were able to provide that for you. All of your compliments regarding our staff, suites, and location are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your willingness to refer friends, it encourages a great sense of pride. We hope that you will visit with us again soon, looking forward to seeing you.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed here for a visit to Washington DC. It's convenient to DC and more than $100 per night cheaper than if we had stayed in town. Very very easy to get to DC. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the Metro station. The Metro is a safe 1/2 hour ride (maximum) to the heart of DC and the Metro staff made learning the system a snap!

The hotel itself was great. The room was spacious and well appointed. The staff (especially Audrey) were all very nice and extremely helpful. The breakfast was a perfect way to start the day. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and would easily agree that our convenient location is the perfect stay for sight seeing in the DC area. Your compliments in relation to our staff members, modern suites, and complimentary amenities are all greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the opportunity to have you as our returning guests and hope to see you soon. Thank you for sharing.
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for business for a week. This was an outstanding hotel. The big draw for me is the location. It is about 2 minutes from the beltway. Traffic is minimal here (compared to DC proper). The rooms and hotel were very well maintained. Breakfast buffet is nice, but average. Not much for variety, but it gets the job done. Of note was the fitness area and pool. The fitness area was very well equipped and spacious. There are ellipticals, exercise bikes, treadmills, free weights, and other equipment for guests. I did not have a single issue while staying at this hotel. Stay was extremely professional and polite. I will be back here again everytime I come out this way for business.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Each compliment we receive from our guests is a refreshing reminder of how important it is to create a memorable experience throughout every stay. We greatly appreciate all of your kind words regarding our staff, suites, and amenities and look forward to the next opportunity to provide you with another memorable stay. Hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were greeted by Audrey upon arrival. She was super friendly & willing to help us out with all of our many questions. Our room was very clean & spacious. Thank you for helping our family have a wonderful stay on our vacation.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thrilled to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Each staff member here at Springhill Suites is committed to assisting our guests in creating memorable experiences throughout each stay. We appreciate all of your kind words and are looking forward to being of service to you and your family in the near future. Thank you for sharing.
Jacksonville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for a mini vacation for the weekend. The hotel was very clean as was the room. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The morning deluxe continental breakfast was good and well stocked. It was close to alot of the chain restaurants, so there was many choices around for dinner. I would stay again without hesitation. The 4 stars is because I could hear the noise on the road in front of the hotel while in bed, but it did not keep me up. Ask for the back of the hotel when you book a reservation, just in case your a light sleeper.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would return for another visit. All of the compliments we've received from regarding our suites and amenities are greatly appreciated. Please visit with us again soon. We look forward to seeing you.

Been to SpringHill Suites Alexandria? Share your experiences!