“Outstanding....from an Indian Cuisine Virgin” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 597 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dessert
Description: Like the name itself, IndAroma is all about fusion; modern and traditional; flavors, colors, and yes - the amazing aromas - skillfully crafted and freshly prepared by our amazing Chef Ajay (read his bio here) to delight all the senses. From our famed and popular Aam Palak Chaat to the warm and flavorful Goat Biryani, you are sure to find the perfect dish to satisfy your craving for delicious Indian fare. Oh, and don't forget to save room for dessert! Our pastry case is full of sweet treats to finish off your meal with a smile! Come see for yourself... Experience exotic India.
Williamsport
“Outstanding....from an Indian Cuisine Virgin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Very skeptical having never had Indian Cuisine. The food was outstanding! It surpassed all my expectations and then some. There location is not real big and it can easily missed. Having it been my first time I thought that the items on the menu were resonably price. Well worth the money!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Annandale, Virginia
“A Nice little Indian Cafe with an Indian Store next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We have been to IndAroma twice now with good results both times. On our first visit, we used a Groupon to try it out. The decor in the place is unusual -- it looks like more of a small cafe than a restaurant. You order food at a counter and receive a number. When the food is ready, they bring it to your table. Besides the typical tables you might find in any restaurant, they also have a few couches to sit on while you eat and drink. They have 2 HD TVs that are tuned typically to sporting events.

The menu has all of the typical menu items you would expect in an Indian restaurant and a few that are atypical. On the first trip, I ordered my standard (Chicken Tikka Masala) and my wife ordered hers (Palak Paneer). Both were delicious.

But the menu also has some items that you don't find in typical Indian places. I tried a Chicken Tikka wrap on my latest visit. They have a number of Indian Dishes served as a wrap (unique and tasty).

We will definitely go again to this place. The prices are reasonable too. We had a $20 Groupon and spent about $21 dollars for 2 meals and drinks -- reasonable.

They also have an Indian store next to the restaurant with a large selection of spices and other Indian food.

• Visited November 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“Pastries and Indian Food--great combination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

A great find--I have stopped here for lunch twice after visits to the nearby Green Springs Garden Park (recommend it, too.) It's a casual place--you order at the counter and the food is brought to your table.

The food is excellent., very spicy and served with appropriate condiments.The Indian-style bread is freshly baked and delicious.

I do not like traditional Indian desserts, so am glad that delicious French-style pastries are avaiable. I think it would be a great place to buy a cake for a party or wedding. Beautifully decorated samples are on display.

I recommend IndAroma highly.

• Visited May 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Indian food & desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I went for lunch today. and all I have to say is the best indian food, best service and pretty cool ambience. I ordered paneer makhani, and chicken tikka. ok, so I got paneer makhani piping hot with 1 naan and some rice. And the paneer makhani was to die for. The naan was so soft and delicous. Its the best ever I tasted. And now the chicken tikka dish that my friend got. She got naan, side salad, a side of chick pea curry and 7-8 pieces of chicken tikka. The chicken tikka pieces were very flavorful. each bite had that mouth watering taste to it. all in all very filling dish. we both were very full with our portions. Great atmosphere and just a cool place to hangout. What more can i say, I travel alot and have eaten number of places but this is the best so far. Had a small chat with the owner as well. The owner did mention that they recently got a renowned chef. oh, and I forgot all about th desserts. On their counter they had very creative and unique display of desserts. Since we were very full we shared a chocolate mousse. melts in your mouth with the right amount of sweetness. Just out of this world dessert. Wish these guys goodluck and hoping to see them open up more frachises.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Indian food here is tasty But not...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

Indian food here is tasty But not traditional Indian food. Ambience is good. Service is quick.I like the lamb biryani which is served every Friday and Saturday. Try their pastries and Frankie . Overall I was not disappointed by the food but not the place to go if you want to taste authentic Indian food. They have a grocery store next to the bakery if you need to shop for some Indian spices and Tea.

• 4 of 5 stars Food