“Delicious Thai in the Franconia/Kingstowne area!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious Thai in the Franconia/Kingstowne area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Delicious Thai option in the Franconia/Kingstowne area! Just moved to the area and, as lovers of Thai food, were eager to check out this spot based on the reviews. We were not disappointed in the least!

We sampled everything that appears to be beloved on here: Chicken Panang Curry, Drunken Noodles and the Spring rolls. Panang was fantastic, as was the Drunken Noodles (although we got one with beef - fantastic - and one with chicken - meat was a little bland). Spring rolls were good, although nothing noteworthy there.

Service was friendly although not necessarily as attentive as we'd like. And a quick word of caution: this place has a tight and awkward parking lot so drive & park carefully!

We will definitely be repeat visitors!

Visited July 2013

Virginia
“Good Spring Rolls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend invited me Rice and Noodles for lunch. I was a little shocked when I pulled into the very small parking lot and saw a very tiny Thai restaurant hooked on a Peruvian Restaurant next door. My first reaction was to run. However, I met my friend inside, had lunch, and it was surprisingly pretty good, as well as inexpensive. The spring rolls were excellent! I had the drunken noodles with beef and my friend had chicken Pad Thai. The chicken was a little tough. The beef was tender. We shared sticky rice with mango. It was very good. It's not the best Thai restaurant in the area, but I would go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great little Thai restaurant off Franconia rd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a tiny Thai restaurant located right off Franconia rd near Kingstowne. I've been to this place quite a bit over the past few years. I would definitely recommend it. The prices are good, the spring rolls are excellent. Great lunch specials.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, Colorado
“Our "go to" place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My friends and I frequent Rice and Noodles. For about two years, we went there every Wednesday night before church. The staff members are lovely, they remember what the three of us like to drink, they know our favorite dishes, and they treat us like family.

A little gem of a restaurant. The pad thai is fantastic, as well as soups and sticky rice with mango.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Yummy Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I like to have lunch here with friends when I am in the area. The food is always fresh and delicious. Great service. Save room for dessert!

• Visited July 2011