“Italian food in semi-upscale neighborhood environment” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 651 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Italian food in semi-upscale neighborhood environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Menu with many options - pasta, fish, many appetizers - you could make a meal of these. Service was helpful and not intrusive. Allergies carefully watched. We sat in the back room where it was fairly quiet, so conversation was possible.The veal scallopini was very good - my choice - and the red wine fullbodied. We'd be glad to go there again when in Alexandria.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Neighborhood Italian Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

On my most recent visit I had the spinach manicotti and it was delicious! I'm also a big fan of their pizza's and used to frequent this restaurant with coworkers for happy hour drinks and a shared margherita pizza. The waitstaff is really friendly and the atmosphere is inviting. Outdoor seating is also available when the weather allows.

Visited May 2013
Florida
“Just the atmosphere we wanted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband was on business in DC. After a cocktail party where we had to be "on" we needed a cozy, warm restaurant to unwind. A friend who lives in the area recommended A La Lucia and we could not have been more pleased. The decor is cozy, it isn't loud, the seats were comfortable and the service excellent. The food was excellent!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burke, Virginia
“Wonderful Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went for my birthday dinner and, as usual, it was wonderful. The food is delicious, the service is great and the ambiance is wonderful. We have been to this restaurant many times and have always had great meals. I love their pastas. This time I had Veal that was delicious. And their Chocolate Mousse was just wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Berlin, Maryland, United States
“Awesome Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My mom and I went to this restaurant for my birthday. The service is great. The servers were very helpful with selecting a bottle of wine. Once we ordered our food, it was in front of us in no time. I ordered the mushroom ravioli with truffle oil and a butter sauce, it was delicious! This is a great place to go for a date night, I can't wait to take my husband here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere