“exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 650 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Belen, New Mexico
“exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Every dish we ordered was exceptional. The appetizers were great and the deserts too. (espresso parfait)

Visited July 2014
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
EB,

Thanks so much for your great review of Brabo! We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Old Town!

Matty Fanning

“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Sitting here right now. First we had to wait for them to set the table with restaurant half empty. Didn't have the wine we wanted. Didn't have the drink I wanted. Food was okay. Crab cake was good. Bison carpaccio was awesome. Summer squash was bitter and fries needed new oil. No one asked how everything was. Being from New York I am spoiled but I would rather save my money and eat somewhere else.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry to read about your disappointment with your recent meal at Brabo. We pride ourselves on delivering a terrific experience to all of our guests, and I'm sorry we fell short with you. Your meal does not sound like it met your, or our, expectations. Should you find yourself back in Old Town, please give us another try. Please contact me at matty.fanning@braborestaurant.com so that I can make sure every detail is up to the high standards we set for ourselves.

Regards,
Matty Fanning
Morrisville PA
“For all meals..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

While staying Lorian Hotel we managed to eat at BRABO for breakfast twice, lunch and dinner twice. This is one of the best restaurants I have eaten at in long time. Chef Weidmair is a genius in the kitchen and I wish I lived closer to the area. Service was perfect with nice bar area as well. Generally when my wife and I go on trips we like to experience the city itself and seldom eat at the hotel or same place twice. BRABO was an exception. The service was the same when it was 4 people in there eating breakfast to when there was 50 people there for Friday night at dinner. Price was reasonable for what you get. We did not get wine or drinks because my wife was pregnant and Im sure that would have drove the price a bit but overall and exceptional experience. Make sure to hit the Tasting Room and Butcher Block as well. Great for lunch in room or nice beer and sandwich in the courtyard on nice day.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael,

Considering the other great restaurants in Old Town, I'm not sure I can think of a better compliment than the one you gave us by dining so frequently at our restaurants during your stay at The Lorien. We know there are a lot of other options out there, and it makes me happy to see that you enjoyed Brabo, The Tasting Room, and The Butcher's Block enough that you thought of them for 5(!) meals while you were in town. I can't wait to share your story with our whole team...We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Undeniably the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our last night in town before heading home and we decided to dine at Brabo. Straight to the point, the meal was exquisite. She had the rockfish and I had the scallops both of which which perfectly prepared. Service was top-notch. Nothing else to be said other than if you do not try it; you are missing a fine dining experience!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
RobertF,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent experience at Brabo! I'm so happy you enjoyed the scallops and rockfish, as well as the service. I look forward to passing along your kind words to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Old Town...

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Could have been 5 stars, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Found this restaurant via Tripadvisor! Made reservations for Saturday night. Upon entering we were immediately seated and it looked very nice. Waiter was a bit difficult to understand, but we ordered two specials for that night. The halibut and the rabbit. It was the second best halibut dinner I've had in my life and it was 5 star quality. Absolutely perfect temperature and delicious sauces. My wife was very disappointed with the rabbit dish (3 different versions of rabbit meat). It arrived cold at the table. The kitchen was asked to prepare another one and a bowl of soup was served during this period. My wife really enjoyed the rabbit special and had it been served hot the first time, I would have given BRABO five stars. Another suggestion: I'm 6 ft. and found the chairs to be low or the table high and almost asked for a booster seat.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi,

I remember your table from last Saturday night...I'm sorry the Trio of Rabbit arrived cold the first time, but I'm so glad your wife enjoyed the complimentary taste of the Chilled Watercress Soup that we served to tide her over until she could fully enjoy the Rabbit course. Of course, I'm happy you enjoyed the halibut, as well. Obviously, it's our goal to serve the meal perfectly the first time, but I'm glad we made you both happy in the end. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,