“Post Wedding (AMAZING) Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 597 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Brunch, Dessert, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: Named for a statue in Chef Wiedmaier father's hometown of Antwerp, Belgium, BRABO Restaurant is as legendary and longstanding as its namesake hero. The award-winning talents of Chef Wiedmaier and designer Vicente Wolf harmonize for unforgettable dining at BRABO Restaurant. The comfortable dining room's stylish details like a custom hammered copper bar reflect our historic Old Town location, while private dining on the hotel's outdoor terraces offers extraordinary Old Town views. For private parties of up to ten, you can also reserve the restaurant's Chef's Table, where the chef and wine director visit the table and tailor food and wine pairings just for you. Or take advantage of the season's warm weather with a table in our outdoor dining area. BRABO is dedicated to environmental and social responsibility. From developing supportive relationships with local Alexandria farmers and the surrounding Virginia community to recycling kitchen grease for bio-diesel fuel, we are committed to a greener future. BRABO's eco-friendly practices translate directly to the table with delicious results.
“Post Wedding (AMAZING) Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

The service and food offered at Brabo Restaurant are spectacular! Being the night after our wedding, the server even had the chef customize our dessert plate to say "congratulations". They helped to create a great post wedding memory!

Visited October 2012

Washington, DC
“Brabo Tasting Room is also GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We usually take our out of town visitors to the Brabo Tasting Room so that we can share a variety of "small plates. Most of my fiends love the mussels in season. I just love to graze!

Visited August 2012
“Absolutely lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We didn't have reservations because we came to the restaurant at the last minute, but the hostess was kind and found us a table. Our dining experience was the sensational. The scallops were phenomenal, the Shenandoah Lamb Loin was like nothing I have ever tasted (it melted in my mouth) and the creme brule was out of this world. The customer service was superb and the wine selection nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone ~ it was worth every penny ~

Visited July 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
“A Good place to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The ambiance was very nice, and the staff was friendly and professional. The food was very good, I had the Pork loin and my wife had the fish. Both dishes were very good but they didn't stand out the way I expected them too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I knew it’d be good, but wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I live in Old Town and have been trying out all the restaurants over the past few years. I’m sorry I waited so long to try Brabo! The staff were well informed on all matters: history of the Brabo name, wine selections, how the food is prepared – you name it!

My pork loin was amazing! I didn’t need a knife to cut – that tender! Every aspect of the service – perfect. We loved it so much, we moved to the bar after dinner to drink more wine. The bartender was fun, also informative and has very tasty cocktails (self-created)!

Give a cocktail a try before your meal! Enjoy!

• Visited July 2013