I live in Downtown DC (near all the tourist attractions), but I wanted to get away from it all for the weekend. So, I booked a room for 2 nights at the Alexandria Mark Hotel. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I would recommend the hotel to out of towners who want something practical and affordable.
- I stayed in one of the quiet "retreat" rooms - separate from the main hotel. I requested a room with a nice view of the pond/ fountain (and that's what I got - no hassles).
- My room was very quiet (no noise or annoying sounds).
- The food was excellent.
- Great pillows
- They have frequent shuttle service to the metro and airport (very convenient).
- The pool area was very clean and it felt like a mini-resort (next to the pool the pond and fountain were beautiful).
- I requested a corkscrew and it arrived in my room within 10 mins (then the front desk called to make sure I had gotten it). Now THAT's service!
- Checked in Friday night and waited 25 minutes at the front desk (there was only one front desk clerk and things moved REALLY slow).
- The hotel room had an eclectic mix of the old and the new. The bathroom and kitchenette were fabulous, however the sliding glass door to the balcony looked very old and was very dirty.
- There were other signs of wear and tear - ie. the closet door was IMPOSSIBLE to open (both the panels had slipped off the tracks).
- I still can't figure this one out - but the screen door to the balcony never closed all the way (it didn't match up to the wall properly).
Overall - I would return to this hotel for another getaway (it's a great bargain for the DC area). Despite some of it's quirks and flaws, it's pretty good for a 3 star hotel!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.