“Great base for touring Washington DC, very clean and comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Special Offer
Parking & Wifi Deal!
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Gypsum, Colorado
“Great base for touring Washington DC, very clean and comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel was a great location and price for us, traveling with a teenage son. Room choices were 2 doubles or 1 king with a roll out (extra $15/day). We chose the king with rollout, corner room which is a little bigger. We had great views of the city. Room was very quiet. Hotel staff friendly and responsive. The sushi bar was amazingly great, beyond anything we expected from a hotel restaurant. The restaurant in general was excellent. Our room came with complimentary breakfast buffet which included made-to-order omelets. Shuttle service was dependable, taking us to the Pentagon City Metro terminal for easy access to Washington DC sites. There was a very minimal learning curve to using the metro service (subway). People everywhere were always quick to offer advice or direct us as needed. We had a great trip, tried to see it all but that was impossible for only 4 full days so I'm sure we'll be back & I would definitely consider staying at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center. Also, they have free evening shuttle service to Old Town Alexandria so we got to visit that area and enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Fish Market Restaurant on King Street. Washington DC definitely has a "foodie" aspect that was especially fun for our family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about our staff - I will certainly share them.
We hope we can be of service to you again in the future!

Charlie Banta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

The room and bathroom was completely spotless. Everyone was absolutely wonderful and helpful. Check in and checkout was speedy. You just melt in the bed...it was the most comfortable bed and best pillows.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the kind words about our staff.
We hope to be of service to you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Avoid this hotel at all costs! I am a big fan of Hilton and am a rewards member, but I will never stay at this hotel again. Dirty rooms, dirty hallways, carpet needs to be replaced throughout the hotel, bad location, terrible maid service, incidental charges, and a pompous, self-serving manager. This guy takes the cake! The rudest ever!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent hotel stay. I was very sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant stay, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss it with you further.
Channahon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

My confirmation did not include any indication there would be a $50.00 (per day) incidental charge, charged to my "debit card" when checking into the hotel. I was so upset, because my total went from $159.00 to $209.00 per day (for 3 days) and I would have to wait 5 to14 days to receive a refund for the incidental charge of $150.00. They said it wasn't a charge to my debit card, but the $150.00 was being held. To me it's the same thing, because the money would not be available (in my checking acount) for 5 to 14 days after checking out of the hotel.

Furthermore, I was there for a 3 1/2 day business conference, which was being held in their hotel. After compaining about the incidental charges they were waived, but the fact remains this should have been stated in my confirmation when I booked my room.

I also discovered during my stay that I could have booked my room through a travel webite (in advance) for $109.00 instead of $159.00 per night. I don't understand this, because everyone at the business conference was supposed to have received a group rate. I guess our group rate included the cost of reserving the meeting rooms, which should have been covered by the company holding the conference.

Overall, the hotel was a nice clean place to stay with free shuttle service that runs every 30 minutes. Beware, there are no other restaurants in the area except for the hotel, which was pretty pricey. The hotel was nice, but I depend on people's reviews and wanted to provide my experiences as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our Hotel. While I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, I was sorry to hear that you were inconvenienced by the authorization processed on your debit card. Such authorizations create the ability to access services such as High Speed Internet, Telephone, In-Room Movies and signing priveleges in the hotel restaurants and bars. Unused autorizations are credited upon departure.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Glen Rock, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

This hotel was a comfortable stay for a 2 nights visit for business. I was given a corner king that was very spacious. The concierge and front desk were very professional and always helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The close proximity to DC and the Georgetown area was great. Getting a cab from the hotel was easy and the staff was always there to assist. There’s really nothing that stood out against this hotel. I would recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. Thank you for the kind words about our staff.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Stayed there on business; average size rooms, beds okay in comfort level. Great staff, good food in the Finn and Porter restaurant on site. Hotel lobby good and has flat screens and bar at night. Location of hotel is too far removed to be able to walk to do anything.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Burke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Came to the hotel to join a guest for dinner - parked in the pay parking lot (not surprised that payment would be expected). Spent a good bit of money in the bar and dining room. Upon departure, arriving at the exit booth, I provided my parking ticket and credit card. Booth Attendant didn't even bother to speak to me just tapped the small sign taped to the booth window that said "Cash Only, ATM in Hotel Lobby." Being $4 short, I had to re-park the car, go back to the lobby, pay the extra $3 ATM fee, return to my car, back to the booth, and by that time pay an addditional $2.00 for the extra time I now had stayed. A few more "cash only" signs would have been considerate and more convenient...

• Stayed June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the unacceptable service that you received from our parking garage attendant. We offer complimentary valet parking and validate self parking tickets for guests of our Finn & Porter Restaurant, and it is apparent that this was not brought to your attention.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope we have the chance to be of service to you again soon, and to better demonstrate the level of service our staff is capable of delivering.

Charlie Banta

Been to Hilton Alexandria Mark Center? Share your experiences!