I stayed here for one week with an elderly parent and a child. There are accessibility problems for travelers with mobility problems: There are only three handicapped parking spaces in the parking garage, and they were always full. Also, the only handicapped accessible entrance door to the hotel from the garage did not open easily: The push button didn't work from the outside and it was heavy to pull open. Due to poorly planned drainage there is constant standing water at this door. This is a slip hazard.
Originally we had requested a handicapped accessible room with two double beds, however when we checked in we were told that our room had one king bed, and that we would need to get a rollaway bed for my 10 year old niece. She wasn't very happy with that solution, to say the least. Since I was guaranteed a room that was supposed to sleep four, I didn't consider a rollaway a very good compromise. At one point we were startled to find someone trying to gain access to our room with a key card. It turned out that they had been assigned to our (occupied!) room, and issued a new key card! This was a serious security lapse, and really scared my niece.
Another problem is that the hotel hasn't separated the business and pleasure uses very well... They book formal events (such as wedding receptions) in the lobbies, which you have to walk through in order to get to the parking garage or the pool. They recently had to add a fence around the pool, so now you have to enter the "Executive Meeting Room" hallway in order to get to the pool! It's somewhat embarrassing for all concerned to go past meeting rooms while dressed in a bathingsuit and coverup, with wet hair and flip flops! (The pool is also ridiculously small for a hotel of this size).
Finally, the lobby area in front of the restaurant is used as a smoking area, and the lobby frequently reeks of cigar smoke. Yuk.
Overall, this hotel is fine for business travelers, I suppose, but for vacationing families it isn't very well laid out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton