“Nice Hotel with outstanding service!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking & Wifi Deal!
Ranked #22 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Pittsburgh
“Nice Hotel with outstanding service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

I booked this trip using priceline and was very pleased with the value of my hotel room and especially with the overall service of the hotel employees. We checked in after my car broke down after driving for 5 hours, the bellman helped calm me down, played with my kids, and even got me a free movie rental coupon for a moviee that would have cost me $18.00. I have never been treated better from a hotel in my life from the check in staff to the drivers of the shuttles...i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again. The only downside was the pool which did not have wide handicap style steps but instead a chair that would lift you in and out this was not an option for my mom who wanted to go swimming. I would also have loved a spa which this hotel did not have.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel, and for the great comments about our staff!

We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

663 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

I got this hotel through Priceline and got a great rate!!!!!! We were disappointed that it wasn't in Old Town Alexandria as that is what we asked for on Priceline, but we were very happy with the choice. The staff was phenomenal, they helped us with everything including giving us some great restaurant delivery options (Lucky Panda Chinese and the Cheese Steak Place). Our room had a great balcony that was the size of a small living room and it was a great place to unwind at the end of a very busy day of site seeing. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and will take you to the metro and the airport and will save you lots of $$$$. There was a car rental location at the hotel that we used to rent to take a day trip to Gettysburg, it was much less expensive to rent the car than to take a tour bus from DC. The hotel restaurant is a little pricey, wish they had another lesser priced pub, and the beds were double size instead of queen size. It was good we were so tired after running all day that it didn't matter. Overall the hotel turned out to be a good choice for us!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2009

We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again soon.

Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Like a few of the other posters, I got a great rate on this hotel via Priceline, but after reading the reviews, I was very concerned about staying here. Thankfully, my expectations of this hotel were exceeded.

The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to meet my needs. Unknowingly, I had booked a smoking room and was informed of this upon check-in. Thankfully, the front desk attendant was able to switch us to a non-smoking room, especially since I'm allergic to smoke! The room had a coffee maker and mini-fridge, and though internet access wasn't free, it was affordable at $10 a day. In addition, our housekeeper was amazing! Each day, our room was cleaned better than the previous day, and we were very thankful. It is so nice to come back to a immaculate room after a long day touring DC. Also, there is a shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro station that I would encourage future guests to take advantage of. On our last night, we got lazy and decided to eat at the hotel restaurant. It was delicious! They have excellent steaks and sushi.

The one thing the hotel could improve on would be the hallway carpet, but in all honesty, how much time do you really spend walking the hall to your room? Truly not a big deal.

• Stayed July 2009
Des Moines, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in the adjoining smaller tower from the main hotel tower. Paid about $150 per night online reservation and well worth it. Very comfortable beds, very clean, fridge, coffe pot, internet access(costs $10 per day-should be free). No microwave but asked for one and it was delivered within 15 minutes. Very impressed! You won't be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel, and thanks for the great comments.
I was very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the Retreat area of the hotel - with the larger rooms, balconies and proximity to the pool and outdoor areas the Retreat really works well for most families.
We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I will preface this by saying that I booked through Priceline and paid $75 for the night. Unlike the previous reviewer, I did not convince the front desk to give me the nicest room, which is my own fault. I did mention my Hilton Honors Membership, but they were not impressed with that. I am sure that they reserve specific "Priceline" rooms, and hopefully they are far superior to a full-price guest.

With the above disclaimer, I will say that even $75 was too much to pay for this hotel. The carpet was filthy, there was a mold-like substance on the ceiling in the shower, and the room had an unpleasant odor. The best I can say is that the beds were clean, which is my top priority. The staff was friendly, which is a benefit, but overall the hotel was worn down and shabby. And they charge .59 cents a minute for internet in the business center.

If you can get a really good deal, and you are willing to compromise cleanliness, then I say go for it. Heavens forbid you should actually pay full price though, which at the time of my booking was north of $150/night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and for the kind words about the friendliness of our staff.

Please accept my apolgies for the cleanliness issues with your room; I have shared your comments with our leadership team in an effort to preclude a similar occurence in the future.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

This was a spontaneous thing. I nabbed a room on Priceline for $55 plus tax. A killer deal. Then I read the reviews here and my expectations nose-dived. I sweet talked the woman at the front desk..."priceline...blah,blah.blah...bad reviews on tripadvisor...blah,blah,blah...Hilton Honors member...blah,blah,blah...best room possible...blah,blah,blah." She put us in a great end unit with a jacuzzi and a great view of DC. Service throughout the hotel was excellent. We encountered many types of staff members and they were all engaging and eager to help. The condition of the hotel was also better than expected. We loved the lobby, the bar and the restaurant. Food was only so-so, but service and atmosphere were wonderful. True there were some stains on the ottoman in our room, and the toilet leaked. But overall it was a great spontaneous get-away and we would do it again. Bottom line - it is a matter of expectations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and for the great comments about our staff and the atmosphere of the hotel! We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

DC area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Got a 1 night stay via Priceline for $69+tax. Went to check in at 3pm, rooms were not ready. Rooms still not ready at 5pm. I begged because I had to go to an evening meeting, and got a room. The entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke, even though we had a non-smoking room. They charge $9/day parking for hotel guests (even though they own the garage), $15/day for rollaway bed, $10/day for internet-no free wi-fi in hotel. Nice views of DC on our side of hotel. Nice indoor-outdoor pool with lifeguard. That was about it fornice. The A/C went out in the whole hotel, and there was zero water pressure on the upper floors. Housekeeping is clearly understaffed, as when I left for my meeting at 6:30 people were still waiting to check in. For $69 for a 1-night, it was OK, but I can't recommend staying there at full price. By complaining at check-out I was able to get all extra charges removed from my bill, which was the right thing for mgmt to do. In retrospect, I should have asked for free breakfast, pretty sure they would have folded like a cheap chair. Then again, I was soo ready to leave there and be anywhere else that morning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Alexandria Mark Center? Share your experiences!