“visiting The White House” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
allentown, United States
“visiting The White House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

only issue we got a room for disable people and the shower head was very hard to use, i splashed everywhere because the type of bathroom. i didnt have the nice relaxing shower after a long trip, no shampoo/soap

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Eagle River, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I stayed here because it was across the street form the office. The bathroom needed some mechanical repair. The shower curtain rod (supposed to bow out) was loose and bowed down, so the curtain would only stay in the middle. The caulking between the tub and tile had shrunk and left a significant gap. Make up smudges on the wall... I expected to a Hilton to be clean and not in need of repair, and that expectation was not met.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

brooklyn, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The guest services group was polite. We arrived late and check in was smooth. When my wife and I entered our room we thought the room smelled like cigarette smoke. We went back to the front desk and they quickly and politely gave us a new room (with an upgraded jacuzzi). When we entered our new room, we felt that it also smelled like cigarette smoke (or my wife said possibly 'B.O'). It was very late at this point and after two rooms just assumed that perhaps all the rooms smelled like this. Our bathroom was relatively clean, but the shower temperature handle was a bit odd in the hot/cold being reversed from the signals (unless it was just non-intuitive). When I used the remote control for the TV, it was grimy with the buttons showing a lot of dirt/grease build up between the buttons. Also the comforter seemed to have what looked like a yellow stain. Again, it was late at night and we were very tired (knowing that we were only going to be in the room for about 6 hours) and decided to just 'put up' with it and not bother contacting the front desk. This was my first time staying at a Hilton and I was extremely disappointed. I had high hopes for the hotel since it had such a beautiful impression from the photos and the Hilton brand name.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and smell of your guest room, and I am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this. I assure you that your experience was not the norm and we will take corrective action to ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again, and I hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Sincerely
Ralph Priesing
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Wonderful facility in every respect. Great staff, warm and friendly greeting, amazingly clean room and easy access to everywhere. Fast elevator service and outstanding room service menu. For room service food it was actually better than most table service food.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in this wonderful hotel for 4 nights. The whole staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face. My hotel room was very clean, spacious and included a hot tub which is a plus. It also had a nice nice patio where I can walk right out to the pond. I especially want to recognize Jarell Magwood who works as a Bellman. He always had a smile on his face and went way far and above his duty each and every time for me without hesitation. One day, as I was looking for the ice machine, he volunteered to get the ice for me. Not only did he get the ice, he brought it out to me where I was laying out by the pool. I got so comfortable at this hotel that I didn't want to leave. I look forward to staying there again.

The only 2 negative points that I would like to state is that their parking fees are terribly high and I don't like the fact that the pool gates are shut and locked during pool hours. My room was only a few feet from the pool. While hanging out on my patio, it would have been nice to walk directly to the pool from ground floor patio rather than going back inside, down the hallway, into the inside pool area then to the outside pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for the retreat area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Greetings Sir,

I am writing this letter to thank you for employing such wonderfully attentive and customer oriented people at your Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria VA.

For the past few weeks I have needed to contact the Front Desk and the Accounting dept and specifically Mr. Wintana Huriu concerning what I thought was an accounting error on your Hotels part.

After much discussion (Some yelling on my part.... My apologies) it was discovered that their never was an error. Mr. Wintana was tremendously professional for the entire duration. He called me back as promptly as possible with all matters every time. He never made me feel rushed, or as though my problem was not an important issue for him. he made me feel as though my troubles were every bit as much his troubles.

As I have said above the error was never on your accounting or night audit staff. It was a misunderstanding on my part reading my CC Statement.

This error on my part was discovered while on the phone with Mr. Huri. Needless to say, I felt very small. At the moment I realized my error I apologized sincerely. Mr. Huriu told me with true professionalism that an apology was not needed and he was just happy that the problem has been found and resolved.

Mr. Huriu's professionalism places him a category only shared by those of the truest class and commitment to customer service and the Hilton Corporation.

This was not my first stay with Hilton and it most certainly will not be my last.

Thank you again Mr. Wintana Huriu.

If the saying is true (Which I believe it is, "A company is only as good as its employees") Hilton will stand the test of time.

My room was clean, room service daily without fail.

Respectfully,

Tom Klinger

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Beds aren't comfortable, very hard. No nice restaurants nearby. This hotel is located in a questionable neighborhood. 15 minutes or more from the real excitement of Washington D.C. I mean highway driving, there is not a city view of anything but apartment's. I was ready to cry and more than a week since we came home, I think we should have took our chances with sharks in South Carolina.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear april0799

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. We do have a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but we do run shuttle service to Pentagon City and Alexandria Old town to make more dining options available for our guests.
I am surprised about your comment about being in a questionable neighborhood. We are in a mixed use area which includes The Department of Defense offices, a wildlife refuge, high end office complexes as well as apartments.
Again, thank you for your observations and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Sincerely