“We would stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking & Wifi Deal!
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Valley Stream, New York
“We would stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our daughter was here with the High School Music Department and we decided to join them. The hotel was big enough that we were able to hide from them and would never have known that there were 260 kids running around. Entrance to the hotel is a bit odd in that instead of walking into the lobby to find the reception area, the first thing you see is the bar. It is a lovely bar but I thought it was a little odd to have the lobby laid out that way. When we checked in they were unable to give us the accommodation we had reserved. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and the manager was as well and bent over backwards to make us happy. The manager, CJ, even personally escorted the bell hop that delivered our luggage to us after they switched our room to something more acceptable to us on the second night. The room was very comfortable...the whirlpool divine. The lake that is featured for the "lakeview" room would barely pass for a pond but that is about the worst thing I have to say about the hotel and staff, etc...We did the business package that included parking, wifi, and breakfast and I would recommend this. Things move slowly in the restaurant but it didn't bother us...we were on vacation! For convenience we ate in the hotel for dinner the first night...we returned the second night because it was so good. It has been our experience that hotel restaurants are usually overpriced and not that good...not this one...it was priced well and very delicious!!! We would definitely return to both the hotel AND the restaurant.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more quiet restful stay then ask for a room in the "Retreat Building&q...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is good--it's far enough away from downtown to not be super expensive, but still a very short drive. I will say that in the future when we go to DC we'd rather stay somewhere that is within walking distance of a metro station, because we found we liked getting around DC that way much more than using our car.
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and size of the room (we had a king with a view of DC). The pool was really small (we were there when they didn't have the outdoor part open). Also this is a small thing: I'm not sure if they've cleaned them since we were there but all of the elevator doors were scary dirty on the outside. It was kind of comical because they looked SO dirty I couldn't believe it...but our room was clean so I was okay with it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was our first time staying here and we were very pleased. Aside from the $24 self-parking fee, which is very high, particularly since the garage was full our second night, we were very comfortable in our room, the breakfast was fine, and the front desk staff was particularly efficient and friendly. We also were very pleased that we could bring our 68-pound goldendoodle with us and weren't bothered by the one-time $50 fee. Will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The place I had originally booked in DC for our vacation was completely unacceptable and also nonrefundable so we ran over to Mark Center after a horrible noisy night, freezing and with no sleep. We were trying to stay close to the district while still being comfortable and now on a very tight budget. We hoped the Hilton name wouldn't let us down and it didn't. For the cost the hotel was very comfortable and quiet, the staff was very polite and helpful, the shuttle was a saving grace, and the hotel even paid for a cab for us to the airport when the shuttle was not available. My only real complaint was the shower curtain and bathtub were absolutely filthy. I would have also liked if our coffee and tea were replenished every day but alas, they weren't.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nichols, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our whirlpool tub was pretty slimy and grimy, but our service at the in-hotel restaurant was awesome. There were a bunch of high-school students staying there the same night, who were running through the halls all night and were extremely disruptive. I also suggest getting breakfast elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful stay, it's very close to the highway and easy access to the major shopping in the area!!! all of the great shopping in the area is less than 15 minutes from this hotel. great location!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hayes, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Whilst turning in my financials for a conference I attended at this hotel in mid-March of 2014, I was reminded to write this review. While the suite that I shared with my co-workers was extremely nice and seemed to have been recently renovated, our first night at the hotel was anything but nice. Loud partygoers yelling, knocking on random doors, and vomiting in the hallways made sleep nearly impossible until after 3 am. Arriving in the conference area the next morning, I was greeted by chaos and the overwhelming - and sickening - smell of vomit and stale alcohol from a rental event the night before. The ballroom where portions of the conference were to be held had been condemned for structural damage from the previous rental - so the conference exhibits were forced into the reeking hallways. While I realize that the destruction was caused by outside parties, I did not feel as though the hotel acknowledged the disruption and - frankly sickening conditions that conference attendees and general hotel guests who were not part of a conference had to deal with. I also had issues at the concierge desk when I asked for the location of a particular metro station. He never answered my question - but kept insisting that I had to take a shuttle to Pentagon City - which is not what I was asking at all. Luckily, my phone had GPS and I found the station eventually. I seriously doubt I will stay at this hotel again whenever business or pleasure takes me to Alexandria - which is relatively often.
On a positive note - the sushi bar in the hotel restaurant was outstanding.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Anna H
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity in the future

Sincerely
Ralph Priesing

Been to Hilton Alexandria Mark Center? Share your experiences!