“Accommodations during ATM in DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking & Wifi Deal!
Ranked #25 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Edison, New Jersey
“Accommodations during ATM in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Always extremely pleased with the Hilton line of accommodations and typically look to Hilton Honors first when booking hotels for our destination. During check-in, we were moved to a different floor based upon an innocuous comment I made about how the hotel was quite active and the floor might be too noisy (this change demonstrated their excellent service); upon arriving in the room, the view was spectacular. Additionally, we planned for dinner in the hotel and the meal was excellent. On the downside, there were maintenance issues in the room the staff should've picked up on beforehand (e.g. room smelled of smoke though it was marked as non-smoking; restroom fan was inoperable; room humidity level remained high despite use of cooling system). Additionally, the parking lot had narrow spaces and this resulted in another car backing into ours causing minor damage. Despite these negative points, overall our stay was pleasurable and we would recommend the facility to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had my Vietnam Army Reunion at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center last week October 16 through October 20th. We had a fabulous experience there. The rooms were very nice, the Hospitality Room great and the Banquet on Saturday night was awesome. The room very nice and the banquet buffet was delicious. I can't say enough about Torre Newman our point of contact there and the whole staff went out of their way to accommodate us and make us feel welcome. All of our Veterans were very pleased with the whole experience and commented on what a great value. Thanks everyone at the Hotel when we come back to DC for another Reunion we will be contacting you.

Front Royal, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When my granddaughter said she wanted to celebrate her eighth birthday at a "high rise hotel" and go into DC to visit museums, we did lots of research to find the perfect spot. This Hilton property was (can't resist) right on the mark! We were able to get adjoining rooms for our grandmother/mother/daughter adventure.......spacious, well-appointed rooms in The Retreat with balconies to enjoy a pastoral water view. The girls enjoyed the pool, exploring the hotel and having enough space to build a fort before climbing into the comfortable beds for a good night of sleep. The moms appreciated the amenities afforded by the Hilton gold card, gracious staff, plentiful outlets and shuttle service to the Pentagon City Metro. The complimentary breakfast was even more special because they set us up in the Executive dining room. (Wait.....maybe they didn't want our large, happy party sharing our good cheer with the other diners??!!) When we returned after our day at museums, I realized I'd left my white noise machine in the room. No problem, said the nice guy at the front desk....room has not been thoroughly cleaned yet for other guests....do you want to check it or should we? They reactivated our key card so we could look, but alas no sound machine. (....but we did find a baby doll that the youngest child forgot!) A busy housekeeper working on the hall saved the day by calling lost and found......problem solved. The Mark Center was such a hit this may have to become a yearly event!!

Room Tip: Be sure to read the comments other guests have written so you can make an informed decision on the b...
Greensburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The facility was very nice. The room was excellent. (immaculate / quiet / nice ammenities) The desk help was helpful - I did have questions for them which they answered perfectly. My only issue is cost. The room is somewhat pricey. The add-ons - taxes, fees, and parking made the total cost seem excessive. I would like to have seen the total cost approx 25% less. Again the place is very nice and the people are completely professional. The only issue for me is total cost of the stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Hilton Land Mark was great. The service at all points was amazing and I look forward to staying again. The room had a great view. The scent of the room was welcoming and relaxing. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The accent chair near the window was comfortable and great for reading and lounging. The bathroom was good and the shower was nice. The Peter Thomas Roth products were very nice. The breakfast omlets of egg white, spinach, tomatoes were very tasty.

Webster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel. The accommodations were wonderful and the meeting facilities were very nice. The breakfast at the conference was minimal, but the lunches were very much like something you would see served at a wedding reception. My group had an outstanding dinner at the hotel restaurant, upon our late arrival. The hotel is not located near a metro stop, but there is complimentary shuttle service to the nearest metro stop and Ronald Reagan airport and a trolley that can take you to Old Alexandria.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Located just south of downtown Washington DC. Ample parking in structure for which you are charged about $16/night. Large and open, hosts many business meetings, etc in their large meeting rooms. Lobby spacious. Staff well trained - very courteous and professional. Rooms nice, clean, up-to-date. WiFi available. No HHonors executive floor. One upgrade suite room per floor which if you can get it is very nice.

The restaurant for breakfast was a disappointment. When I entered in the morning after checkout, there was no hostess at the hostess station. After waiting for a period and realizing I would miss my flight, I seated myself. No one came over to assist me so I went to the buffet line and got my food. With nothing to drink (no coffee, tea, or juice was offered) I walked around and finally found a server. I asked where I could get a glass of juice and she immediately took me to her station and filled my glass. I then returned to my table and ate my breakfast. Only as I was leaving did someone come over to ask if I wanted coffee, but by that time I was headed to the airport. No tip left as no one served me. No service, no tip. Food was fine. Hostess returned from wherever she was as I was leaving, 20 mins later.

Room Tip: On the higher floors, there are excellent views of the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Alexandria Mark Center? Share your experiences!