“No Free Internet” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
United States
“No Free Internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beware that this hotel does NOT offer free internet to its guests. They charge $9.95 a day, which can add up quickly if your family uses multiple devices over multiple days. Overall, the quality no better than lower-priced hotels. The only reason we stayed there was for a convention (we'll probably seek out a nearby hotel next year).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Helen L
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experiences. Your comments indicate that you had an issue with internet charges for which I sincerely apologize. We do offer free internet and the use of several computers in our lobby. I am currently working on a solution that allows up to 3 devices to work in the guest rooms for every one charge.
Again, thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Regards
Ralph Priesing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Dartmouth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here while for work, and the location was good for that as my meetings were literally across the street. If you want to go where the metro goes there is a good shuttle service to the closest station.

The on-site restaurant was excellent, though a bit on the pricey side (not for the quality), and the portions were just too big. The staff were amazing.

I was disappointed that the pool was only open from around 10AM to 6PM, which meant I didn't get a chance to use it at all. The gear in the fitness centre was good, but it was very hot and there didn't seem to be any air circulation at all.

Basically, for what services I could use it was really too expensive, though the staff were all uniformly excellent, and it was a clean and well kept hotel.

Room Tip: Research the rates carefully. I was there with 5 other people and we all had a different rate for t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Almaniac
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and observations. . We are extremely pleased that we met your expectations in most regards and we look forward to being your host on your next trip! Please know that we value your business and hope to see you in the future.

Sincerely
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is well maintained, the service is excellent, the employees polite and accommodating. The restaurant, finn and porters?, is first rate and reasonably priced. There is a courtesy shuttle to from DCA which also services the Metro station. The only drawback to this hotel is that it is 4 or 5 miles from old town alexandria and there are no shops or services in the immediate area other than those offered by the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On my wedding evening this past weekend, my wife and I were transferred to the Mark Center Hilton due to the Old Town Hilton being overbooked. The behavior of Jason the night front desk manager was completely out of line and the worst example of customer service I have ever seen. At one point I had to stop him and my new bride during their arguement because Jason raised his voice to the point that he was a lmost yelling at my wife and I was very angry as a result. I also witnessed Jason arguing on the phone with the front desk of the Old Town Hilton while discussing our situation. He even made personal observations of me and my demeanor while talking on the phone as if I was not standing right in front of him. His behavior was inexcusable and completely unprofessional. I have a hard time understanding how someone like him can work in the customer service profession. I can honestly tell you that I will not stay at a Hilton Property again, and I caution you on booking a room at this property. The customer service is horrible. You would do better to book with another hotel chain because of the lousy attitude of the employees of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Randy M.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with information about your experience. As the General Manager at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, I assure you that my team and I are working very hard to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will allow us to exceed your expectations. Your comments indicate that your experience was not up to your expectations for which I sincerely apologize
Please apologies to your wife for me as well. There is no excuse for anyone on our staff to display a lack of professionalism or courtesy to any guest. I have addressed this issue with our team members and will work with them to ensure that this type of incident does not occur again in the future.

Sincerely
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights in late April. The room was nice and spacious, had a huge tv, fridge, coffee maker, etc. We were on a high floor and had great views. Needed heat to get the chill out because it turned cool that weekend but system kept blowing cool air. Didn't want to call the front desk since it was late. Parking was expensive, but that is expected in the area. Close to restaurants and shopping and is just outside of the DC area.

I would recommend this place if you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton marks center for a week in April whilst on a business trip. My room was changed from a twin to a very spacious king in a corner room which meant i had 2 huge windows in my room on the 7th floor.

The bed was very comfortable, there was a wide selection of channels on the TV, a fridge for which was empty so you could put your own drinks in there and the complimentary coffee for the machine was replaced daily.

The staff at the Finn and Porter restaurant are very friendly and the food is delicious (reviewed separately)

parking is expensive $24 per day and there are very few bars and restaurants nearby

Room Tip: If you dont need to beds, ask to swap for a king
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here recently for a work meeting. The hotel and room interior were nice enough but the hotel itself is a high tower in the middle of nowhere. You can't walk to any restaurants and you can't get to any public transportation -- you feel stranded. There is supposed to be a Starbucks within walking distance but no one can tell you how to get there. A cab ride to the waterfront will cost you $20. There is no mini-bar in the room and the lines in the gift shop were long during my stay (bus loads of teens from Kentucky). The TV gets sticky on the pay channels. You can waste a lot of time trying to get CNN or any news with the TV remote/interface. I can see why businesses choose the hotel for their meetings -- no distractions, nowhere to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Alexandria Mark Center? Share your experiences!