I just completed my second stay at this hotel. I was looking forward to staying there as during the past year, I have spent 75% of my time in hotels around the Washington DC area and this one was one of my favorites. However, on the previous occasion, I was let down by the shuttle bus not turning up and was prepared to dismiss this as a one-off event for my next stay. Well, needless to say, this became a major issue during my second stay.
The hotel is a fair way from any metro stop so without a car, guests have to rely on the shuttle bus service. They recently changed the service and only pick up from Pentagon City once an hour. On my first evening, I checked the housekeeping booklet in my room to remind myself of the pick up times. There it stated the previous policy of twice an hour. That evening the bus did not show up and when i called they told me the schedule has changed to once an hour. There is nothing on the concierge desk, or the bus to advise regular guests of this change. As I said the room brochure also indicated the previous schedule. The following evening, I followed the Front Desk Manager's advise and went to Reagan airport to wait for the bus. Guess what? No show again! When I inquired with the hotel, I was told the "driver is busy as we have a large group of guests!" In other words, other guests are not important. On both evenings I waited in cold winds for this bus to arrive. They did at least pay for an $18 taxi ride after my complaint.
Hilton, sort this out. It is not difficult, all other hotels in the area provide regular and reliable shuttle services, and the location of your hotel means that you should provide even more frequent services, not less!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton