“Upscale stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Groton, Connecticut
“Upscale stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night, but it was divine. We had a reservation for a room with two queen beds, but they easily changed that to a king since our traveling companion stayed home. Spacious clean room with a terrific view of DC. Quiet, couldn't hear our neighbors. Parking was 20$ to self-park and they put a 50$ incidental hold on the c.c. The room was well decorated with photos of DC. Plenty of plugs for all our chargers. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is very nice .Beautiful view from upper floor.We stayed 28th floor. Nice staff ,good room service ,free shuttle service from hotel to pentagon metro-station and airport every hour till 6-00am to 11-00 pm .Breakfast buffet items were fruits,juice,coffee,sausage,bacon,bread,cheese,french toast,fried potatoes,sauce,cream,milk,yogurt,cake,donuts and many more.
We stayed two nights.The day when we check-out,the shuttle was late in the airport for 10 minutes .For this delay they give us one night gift card or cash back. That will valid for one year.
If we go to Washington DC again,we will stay in this hotel.Realy love it.

Room Tip: upper floor and any side .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel was very clean with great amenities, but a lot of extra fees.
The hotel does not offer free parking for their guest and overnight parking is 24 a night.
When reviewing our credit card statement there was a charge for 50.00. When called to inquire they said it was a just in case charge. Just in case we bought a movie or broke anything in the room. We were not made aware of this charge when checking into our room. The clerk mentioned nothing of it. This charge would not be a big deal if they had told us this will show on our credit card. Furthermore the itemized statement for charges did not show that "just in case" fee.

Room Tip: Ask for the city view! It was beautiful at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the property and amenities offered.

Please accept my apolgies for not better explaining the allowance reserved on your credit card for incidental charges, which is customary in processing credit cards.

Thanks again for the opportunity to address your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service again soon.

Best Regards,

Charlie Banta
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed in several hotels in Alexandria. Hilton completed a renovation of all rooms and common areas this year and well it makes a huge difference. If I have a choice between this hotel and others located near DOD for the same or similar money there is no question stay here.

They have one restaurant on property but also others near by and you can walk across the street to Clydes if you really want to. Also Starbucks is located about 3 blocks down the road as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had a great room on the 30th floor. The housekeeping missed me two of my four day stay, so I saw my room cleaned once. The customer service was indifferent which I have been told is typical for this area. Except for nice room, I saw no value, nothing special and won't hurry to return when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I had a great view form 30th floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, but was alarmed to learn about the service and housekeeping issues that you experienced. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I have shared your comments with our leadership team, so that improvements may be made.

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We hope to have the chance to be of service to you again, to better demonstrate the abilities of our team.

Most Hospitably Yours,

Charlie Banta
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Though my stay here was quick, it was nonetheless pleasant. Check-in was friendly and quick. I was upgraded to a "corner room" (aren't most of the rooms in this hotel "corner rooms?") on a high floor. Even with the high floor, I still could hear quite a bit of street noise at night. I was given a complimentary breakfast as an HHonors Gold member. The service in the restaurant seemed uncoordinated, and slow. Food was okay from the buffet. The one downside of the hotel was the parking, which cost $20/night, though this is typical for a hotel in a metro area, so not unexpected. I'd return to the hotel if the price is right in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a conference, and my experience was very good over all. All of the hotel staff members that I met were friendly, helpful, and organized. My hotel room was great. Everything was clean and ready when I arrived, and there was a beautiful view. Parking was convenient and not over-priced for guests staying at the hotel. The only I would have changed is that I had to take a really long and convoluted walk to get from the hotel lobby to my room, and I could not find another entrance to the building. My room was quiet though, and that was way more important to me than the convenience of getting to the room. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business